Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpinkney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Heating/ thermostat problems
    I don't know much about HVAC because I haven't had many problems till now. My thermostat (honeywell T8001C) display goes blank and the heat will not turn on.

I've tried flipping the breakers in the garage. That won't work. Any ideas?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Some thermostats take a battery. Others go dead if the little fuse on the control board blows.
    Mike Costanzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 07:59 AM
    My thermostat went out last night. The sign on the thermostat says "low" and below the word low is the # 8 and the letters AE does this mean it needs new batteries. I changed the batteries but they were not new ones, they were ones out of a old flashlight. Would I need to get new batteries and re-set the thermostat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman heating unit problems [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Goodman :( heating unit in the house that I moved into model GPM100-4. When the exhaust fan comes on to clear out the system before the unit will fire up. It makes a clicking sound. I have learned that it's trying to pull a vacuum from the exhaust fan to a safety switch. If I suck...

Heating and air conditioner problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a digital thermostat and the fan will blow out air whether it is in off position or auto. It will run a long time and shut off occasionally but come back on. I have even turned the main switch off at breaker panel and it still runs?? It blows cool air. I have just changed the filter. ...

Thermostat heating cycles [ 4 Answers ]

What can happen if I use a heat cycle of 5 versus 3. I bought two honeywell thermostats. RTH6300b. There is some confusion as to what heat setting to use. I have a new oil furnace, a system 2000 furnace with forced hot water. The thermostat says to use a setting of 5 if I have a gas or oil...

Upgrading to programmable ac/heating thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old thermostat for ac/heating. There are 5 wires red, white, orange, black, green. My new unit (Noma programmable thermostat). The instructions indicate points of connection using red, white, yellow, green. My confusion is, where do I connect orange and black, because there...

View more questions Search