Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvernot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Goodman Furnace
    I have a six year old Goodman Furnace that will not kick on or even begin the start up cycle. Last year I replaced the ignitor and checked it out today and looks fine. Any obvious place I should start to determine the issue?
    Thanks
    Jim
    NorthEastSolutions Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 04:36 AM
    Goodman furnace I have did the same... The igniter out last year and the draft induction motor bad this year... but you need to supply more information so we can help. Do you get a flashing light on your control module?

NE Solutions
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 11:14 AM
    To start to check a furnace that does not do anything is to check to make sure you are getting voltage to the unit, if you have high voltage then you need to find out if you have low voltage. I am sure you made sure that the door was in place and depressing the door switch. Is power going through the switch, sometimes the door switch itself can be bad, Check the transformer, make sure it is getting 115 volts and that it is putting our 24 volts.
    After you know all of this I would find the low voltage terminal board and find the red (R) terminal and the white (W) terminal, jumper a temporary wire between these two points and see if the furnace does anything, if it does the problem is the thermostat or the wire between the thermostat and furnace. If the furnace does nothing after touching the R and W, (while you are doing this make sure that the door switch is depressed) look on th circuit board for a small fuse, like an auto fuse, it will be a three or five volt fuse. If it is blown replace it.. . If nothing I have told you helps then add another post to your original post and we will try again.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 01:10 PM
    The best thing with any furnace problem is to go to the Sequence of operations in the Heating sticky,
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post268970 Then after determining what is causing the problem, you can check other sections to fix the correct problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

How old is my Goodman furnace and how efficient is it? Model GUEQ80-4REVS Serial #910482720

Goodman furnace 3 blink [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings all, I've read through previous posts about this 3 blink error code and can't seem to find one relevant to what's happening to my furnace. It is a goodman ac/heater combo. The AC works fine, after being repaired over the summer with what I was told "a new blower and circuit board." ...

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

What does A three blink code on a Goodman 80 plus gas furnace mean

Goodman Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Up until yesterday my furnace was working fine now it does not come on at all. I have turned off the power to it and the breaker and still nothing. I also have tried turning on the air and that does not come on either. I don't know the model number but I have been using it for about 4 years now.

Goodman furnace [ 17 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace. Forced air. No a/c. I turn the power on and she starts. Thermostat is off. No wires are crossed that are visible. The pilot does not ignite but the heating element is on. No gas seems to be coming through. Any suggestions? The furnace is only a year and a half old.

View more questions Search