Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swagger Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 08:18 PM
    Replacement Inducer
    What is the replacement inducer for a horizontal Carrier 349MAV036075 furnace? Currently, the inducer blower is a Fasco 7162-3136. The Fasco website suggests the A142 but with the inducer mounted blower upward on the furnace the condensation drain nipple on the inducer is at the 9 o'clock position and not at the lower 6 o'clock where it is on the old inducer.

Here is a photo of the old inducer on the furnace.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images

NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Bryant and Carrier get these manufacturers to make parts specialy for them. Call a Bryant wholesaler or service company. Many service companies will sell parts from their store, so you won't need to pay a serviceman to come out.

Dec 13, 2006, 08:13 AM
    Thank you NorthernHeat... that's the problem. I have called numerous Bryant/Carrier dealers in our local area and was told they are unable to get the part. The furnace is 14 years old and the inducer on the furnace now was a replacement 12 years ago. Fasco's website suggests the A142 but the drain nipple is at the 9 o'clock position. One dealer called the East Coast learning that an OEM inducer is $900 but there are none to be had. He agreed that the price was too much. Shared with him the website on the A142 from Fasco. Suggested that I use the A142 but to drill a drain hole where needed with a nipple for the condensation drain hose.

Thank you
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Wow, 900 dollars, I would replace the furnace first.

Dec 13, 2006, 09:24 PM
    That is what I thought too...
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 10:04 PM
    This is a problem that we are running into on these so called "High efficiency" equipment, just as soon as you think you are saving money or fuel, which ever reason you buy the high efficiency furnaces for, they need a part that cost twice as much as you have saved in money. Or the upkeep on them is so much greater than a normal 80% furnace. I have started refusing to sell the higher efficiency equipment. It is the same thing on the AC equipment also.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2006, 04:30 AM
    Take the motor alone to an electrical shop. Let them see if they can match it. You could even check www.meci.com for a motor.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Dec 14, 2006, 08:31 AM
    http://www.expertappliance.com/partfinder.php
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Dec 14, 2006, 08:37 AM
    BTW-You need the A147 Motor...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    Wow, 900 dollars, I would replace the furnace first.
    If you can't find the motor alone for a reasonable price, $900 would be a good start on a new furnace.

Dec 14, 2006, 12:15 PM
    Hey rickdb1... thanks for the response. How were you able to determine I needed the A147? I thought that too but after going to the Fasco website the cross-reference said it the replacement is the A142. I had hoped to see a photograph showing the location of the drain nipples of the A147 but have been unable to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace inducer motor [ 5 Answers ]

What are the implications of a furnace inducer motor drawing high Amps?

Inducer motor overheats (carrier brand furnance) [ 10 Answers ]

I replaced my inducer motor on my furnace due to the old one was bounding up. Now the new one runs find in low speed but once the furnace kicks into the second stage the inducer motor shuts down(in high speed) which I believe the thermal overload(built in) opens causing my furnace shut down. When...

Replacement Value [ 2 Answers ]

My Insurance Company says that the replacement cost of my house is about three times the market value. They say I must insure it for 80% of what they say is the replacement cost or they will not completely pay for partial damage. How can I prove to them that their replacement cost is not...

Inline inducer [ 3 Answers ]

The room over my garage is the furthest room my furnace. It is colder in the winter and hotter I the summer than the res of the house. I am thinking of buying an inducer to boost air flow. Should I install the one with the heater as well? What happens in the summer with air conditioning? Where is...

Inducer motor not functioning consistently [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier 58 RAV downflow furnace. When the thermostat calls for heat the inducer functions inconsistently. Sometimes (though rarely) it functions completely normally, and the ignition sequence occurs properly. But most of the time it either cuts off in the middle of the purge period, or...

View more questions Search