Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SomeRandomTeen Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2018, 07:02 AM
    How can I start a conversation with her?
    There's this girl in my band class.
    The band consists of 3 boys, our music/band teacher, and her. She's the singer of the band. Literally all I know about her is her name, and that she has a shy and timid nature.
    We haven't talked at all, and there's no time after nor before the band class since she always comes right before the class, and leaves right after it. The only time I'd technically have time to talk to her is behind the scenes when we're somewhere to perform.
    But even then, her mom is always with her.
    Also, I don't have the courage to just go to talk to her and even if I do,
    it'd probably end up being akward.

My goal for now is to get her number so that I can get in contact with her.

We're both teenagers and go to different schools.

She doen't have social media, or any other way to contact her without her number.

I live in a town with a population of about 500, where as she lives in the suburbs. (About 30 km of distance between us.(18,5 miles))

Please ask as many questions as you have.

Thanks <3
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 20, 2018, 07:25 AM
    Have you tried just saying HI? Couldn't hurt to say hi to her mother too. How old are you both?

Nov 20, 2018, 03:08 PM
    We're both 16, I don't really have time to say hi to her before or after practise. She leaves so quickly I sometimes don't even have rime to see her before she already leaves. I could say hi the next time we perform, but it'll take about 3-2 months and it still isn't guaranteed she'll even go there.
    Russel Sherman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2018, 03:55 PM
    You know, the most important thing is being yourself. Don't even think about pretending someone else, because there's no sense in it. Don't worry about being awkward it'll show that you're sincere.
    Expert

Nov 21, 2018, 06:19 AM
    Looks like you have a few things to figure out my young friend. How to say hello to a female that moves rather quickly. You must move quicker, or lose the opportunity. You have been watching long enough to have some ideas of your own by now. Could it be you've never done this kind of thing before?

Nov 21, 2018, 01:32 PM
    I've talked to girls before but it has always been that I kinda know and have their number already. I've never really had to ask for someones number/talk to someone I don't already know.
    Expert

Nov 21, 2018, 02:42 PM
    Maybe see this as a chance to try something new and different from what you are use to. An opportunity to learn and grow whether you get what you want or not. If nothing else how to deal with your own FEAR, and maybe the awkwardness you feel. By trying you at least avoid the feelings NOT trying.

Make sense? You can't get everything you want but you get nothing if you do nothing for sure. So... get a plan and see what happens... hope for the best, but plan for the worst... and good luck. Please give it thought and let us know what you come up with.
    GeraldG Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2018, 05:30 AM
    Maybe consider passing her or her mom a note in which you indicate you like her and would really like to talk to her on the phone. Giver YOUR phone number in the note and ask for hers. I say this because you indicate you lack the courage to say something. While passing a note is not the best way, it may help open the door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How should I start a conversation with this guy? [ 1 Answers ]

There is this guy in my course and we are both 19 whenever I look at him I catch him looking back and he added me on Facebook in the 2nd week of our course. Then we had a party and his friend came and told me come on let me introduce you and I was like if he wants he can come and not me but...

How to start a conversation with someone you don't know that well and keep it going [ 7 Answers ]

All threads merged I don't have trouble starting a conversation, but when I talked to this person I kind of panicked and couldn't think of anything els to say after "how was your christmas break? oh it was boring." I see his person once a week, but I find it hard to keep a conversation going and...

How to start a conversation with a guy I like [ 3 Answers ]

HEY! Ok, I like this guy I known over a year. But I never talked to him because I get to shy to say HI. If he say hi back what else should I say if I know his name?

How to start the conversation [ 1 Answers ]

I have feeling as soon as I started some communication people seem uncomfertable for first two-three minute , normaly after five min I always have good conversation but some how first 2-3 min are always end-up the entire show, ineed help :confused:

Can't seem to start a conversation [ 4 Answers ]

There's this really cute seniour guy that I kind of am liking (I'm a soph) but nobody really knows him when I ask what people think of him. He's kind of goth and I'm totally OK with that but it doesn't seem like he has a ton of friends because our school is so preppy so I don't really have friends...

View more questions Search