Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dewurite7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Connecting a laptop and an xbox to the router using I line
    How can I connect a laptop and xbox to a router using only 1 line with out losing strength
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Aug 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Connect the xbox and the laptop to the ports on the router. One of the ports will be marked WAN, connect that into your DSL/Cable modem. Follow the router manufacturers instructions for setting up the router if you have not already done so.

You only have so much bandwidth, the more concurrent users you have, the less you have available. Unless you have a slow connection you probably won't notice too much of a speed loss with the xbox going.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 23, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Most routers have a built in switch, usually 4 ports. You can connect both devices to those ports. A switch shares the bandwidth more efficiently than a hub so there is little degradation from concurrent users.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Connecting laptaop to my DSL router [ 1 Answers ]

I have Qwest DSL with moden and wireless light is on in modem but my laptaop does connect, I show three connections with X's through them

Connecting 2 PC's using a router [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have two laptops (both with windows xp) at home and they are connected wirelessly to the internet through a WRT54GL v1.1 linksys router (both laptops have a built-in wireless card). How could I connect my two laptops together wirelessly through the router and be able to access the files on...

Xbox 360 Laptop [ 10 Answers ]

I read in one of my Xbox magazines, that they were going to come out with a 360 laptop. It's still under development and they don't have any dates when it comes out. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything or has heard anything about the Xbox 360 laptop.

View more questions Search