Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nurse121056 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Property liens
    I need to find out how to determine how much a lien is.My grandmother is in a nursing home and I would like to purchase her home.She has left the house to my mother.Upon her passing Iwould like to buy the house.I know from public record that there are 2 liens but have been unable to find out the amount. Any suggestions
    Str8cntryboy Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nurse121056
    I need to find out how to determine how much a lien is.My grandmother is in a nursing home and I would like to purchase her home.She has left the house to my mother.Upon her passing Iwould like to buy the house.I know from public record that there are 2 liens but have been unable to find out the amount. Any suggestions
    A realtor agent might be able to help you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Your mother or grandmother knows. They get a bill on the loan every month, it should say the @ balance due, there would be other payoff charges but it will give you an idea where to start.

If the lien is some sort of law suit or government lien, that amount would be posted at the court house. The liens are recorded at the court house, they should show who the lien is to, and the original amount
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
    One lien is probably the primary mortgage. Another may be a home equity loan. The county clerk's office should be able to tell you who the lien holders are. You may need an authorization from Grandma to get the info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get liens off my property [ 12 Answers ]

I built a new house that was completed in July. I got a loan and everything was financed. I found out that the builder did not pay some of the contractors. I did pay title insurance. Is the title company suppose to protect me? How do I get these Liens off? Also, how do I get the builder to fix the...

Property liens [ 4 Answers ]

How do I file a lien on someone's property

Property Liens [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am selling my house and the title company told me that I have 3 liens against the property that don't belong to me, they are placed for people with similar name than mine, I bought this property a year a half ago and it was with clear title, how can I remove them? And why is that these...

View more questions Search