Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 03:46 PM
    I live and work in Georgia but the company I work for is in Florida what about file s
    I live and work in Georgia but the company I work for and get paid by is in Florida how do I file for state tax
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 03:50 PM

You file with the state of GA as a resident. Your employer should be withholding GA state income tax from your paycheck. Otherwise you will have a big tax bill due, and starting with the 2nd year you may be facing interest charges for underpayment of GA taxes during the year. Alternatively you can file quarterly estimated tax payments with GA to avoid the possible interest charges.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 07:35 PM

Yes, your company should be doing the Ga withholding. And you just file. Where their main office is, has no bearing on it.
    I work in GA and my main office is in MO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in Georgia but work in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Georgia but work in Florida do I have to pay Georgia state income tax on my income?

Resident of Florida but work in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida and work in Georgia. Do I, will I have to pay Georgia state income taxes?

Work in Florida for Georgia Company, most of the time [ 4 Answers ]

My wife works for a Georgia company and lives in Florida and based in Florida, lives in Florida and this is her territory. She only goes to Georgia for meetings at headquarters and once every 2 or 3 months will call on dealers there for a week. But the company withholds Georgia state income tax...

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

Live in Florida, work in Georgia. [ 4 Answers ]

If I am living in Florida, and work in Georgia, and Georgia takes out state taxes what do I do about filing in Florida which does not have state income taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search