Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sport billy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 01:16 PM
    1996 Ford Ranger pick-up truck
    Hello... What type or grade of oil should I put in 4 cyl. 2.3 L engineof my 1996 Ford Ranger pick-up truck with 110,000 miles? Also... The type of filter?. Thanks for your time and response... sport billy:confused:
    jons_angel_2005 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
    My husband went to school for auto machanics and I had a 1994 ford ranger with 145,000 amiles on it and he always used 5w 30 and he only used a name brand filter, Fram double guard, he says they last longer! Hope this helps!

Apr 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Thanks... Yours was a 1994Ranger... Eventhough mine 2 years newer would this same grade work for mine?. thanks again
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Oil, 5W30 (preferred) or 10W30, WSS-M2C153-E. Motorcraft FL-1A or Purolator PL30001 oil filters are recommended for this application.
    jons_angel_2005 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sport billy
    Hello.........What type or grade of oil should I put in 4 cyl. 2.3 L engineof my 1996 Ford Ranger pick-up truck with 110,000 miles? Also......The type of filter?..Thanks for your time and response.......sport billy:confused:
    Yeah there is not much difference in the trucks just yours is a newer model LOL!

Apr 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Thanks for your advise... regards!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger [ 1 Answers ]

2001 Ranger. I found dangling down from left side rear a hose with a cilp. It was attached to the axle housing. What is it for and where does it go. It just appears to be some type of air hose but is not attached to anything at other end. Should I be concerned? Thanks

1996 Ford Ranger 3.0 liter V6 Heater Core [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 96 Ford Ranger and I'm trying to figure out how to change the heater core in it because it leaks anitfreeze. And I already know that it's behind the glove box but I just can't see how to get the core out of it. I'm getting a little stressed about it. But I won't let it get to me. And I...

1996 ford ranger [ 2 Answers ]

On the fuse panel, which one is for the dash lights?

1996 GMC Pick up V6 Engine [ 1 Answers ]

On the compression stroke, are the intake and the exhaust valve closed at top dead center?

92 Ford Ranger 2.3L [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone, what problems does the Check Engine light going on usually indicate? I was coming home tonight, about an hour highway drive and the light momentarily came on, then off, on and off. Not a flicker, but for several minutes at a time. Truck is VERy reliable and there is no indication that...

View more questions Search