Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpbranon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Outside faucet leaks
    My outside faucets have a plastic cap between the house and on/off handle that says anti-siphon, which are now gushing water when I turn on the faucet. When I turn this cap it spins in either direction and doesn't seem to do anything. 2 out of 3 faucets are doing this, one seems to be fine. How can I fix these?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 8, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cpbranon
    My outside faucets have a plastic cap between the house and on/off handle that says anti-siphon, which are now gushing water when I turn on the faucet. When I turn this cap it spins in either direction and doesn't seem to do anything. 2 out of 3 faucets are doing this, one seems to be fine. how can I fix these?
    If you can not remove the plastic cap to clean out the orifices then your only repair would be to replace them. In my book, (and I'm sure the plumbing inspector would disagree) you may replace them with regular hose bibs.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet leaks [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. My tenant just phoned to say that the handle of the flush leaks when it is flushed. She also is noticing water around the base of the toilet. Just checking in to see what I should look for when I go over and what some possible solutions might be? Many thanks, JD

Faucet behind my washer leaks [ 2 Answers ]

The hot water faucet leaks when I use my washer. I have turned the faucet off, but it still leaks. Only when the washer is in use. It is leaking from The neck not the spout. If that makes sense. What Should I do?

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

New sprayer leaks [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband just installed a new price fister faucet and sprayer. When the water is running from the faucet the sprayer leaks. Pressure seems fine in faucet and sprayer sprays fine but won't stop leaking unless you just let it hang in the sink then it stops... What should we look for? Thanks...

Basement leaks [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering if anyone knows how to stop and old homes basement walls from leaking without digging foundation up and putting sewers and drains in there is no public sewers and I need to know how to stop the sepage. Thanks??

View more questions Search