Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KnickGhie Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 01:21 AM
    Local Disk
    Dear All,

Kindly help, My laptop has 2 local disk c:\ and D:\ how can I make it just one. My C:\ DRIVE has a 7.8 MB free space I want to transfer it to D:\ DRIVE who has
    A 18.5 MB free space.

Your Kind help is very much appreaciated.

Br,
    Yolly
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Instead of trying to combine the partitions (I'm assuming they are partitions of the same physical drive) I would move stuff to the D partition. Take your data files and put them on the D Drive. Uninstall some of your applications then reinstall them on the D Drive.

What are the total sizes of each partition, by the way? To combine them you will need to get software like Partition Magic. Personally I prefer to use partitions to compartmentalize my files. I generally use at least 3 partitions. The C Drive just for the OS. The D drive for data and an E drive for programs.

P.S. This really isn't a network question but a hardware question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Local Disk (C:) Properties [ 2 Answers ]

When I click on my Local Dick (C:) Properties and go to Tools, and then: check Automatically fix file system errors: I always get this message: The disk check could not be performed because exclusive access to the drive could not be obtained. Do you want to schedule this disk ckeck to occur the...

Local Disk [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I just want to ask, since I don't know what to do yesterday about my 2 local disk partition, I decided to re-install the OS, and delete all the local partition that I have. What's left to me is the C:\ drive, I lost the drive that has a 7.8 MB free space. Is there a way I can retrieve...

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I really thought that way. But when I check the contents of the remaining local disk it is still the same. I mean before I formatted the contents of d:\ drive is 18.6 GB and the C:\ drive is 7.8 MB after formatting, I really don't know where did the 7.8 MB contents of C:\ drive goes,...

Don't mess with hidden folders on local disk [ 6 Answers ]

Any computer forensics people out there? How do you find a folder when the search feature can't find it? The folder must be on the disk. When I attempt to create a new folder, with the same name, the OS disallows it - because a folder with that name already exists. This issue ( and others)...

User can't access his local hard disk? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I've a Server running Wind2003, and some computer clients connected to it. I've used the OU to deploy some software packages to the users (published), the user can see the software package in the Add/Remove Software, but when he/she starts to install the package on his computer the...

View more questions Search