Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexmadalo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 11:11 PM
    SQL server 2000 failing to install
    Hi,

I have been trying to install SQL server 2000 on my dell laptop running Windows XP SP2.When I execute the autorun file for the Developer version then I chose SQL sever 2000 components option, then install database serveroption, it hangs there and the installation never continues.

When you try to run the autorun file again it displays "Another instance of setup is alraedy running". So what could be the problem.Please help.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Mar 18, 2009, 11:35 AM

It is already running. Look at your open processes and stop the MSIEXEC.EXE and SETUP.EXE in the Task Manager.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disable F8 key in windows 2000 server [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I want to disable F8 key in wimdows 2000 server or denie acess to all users to go to safe mode except administrator can I get the sollution for this question

Windows 2000 Server [ 12 Answers ]

I Just recently installed windows 2000 server on a computer that ran windows xp fine. When I installed it I can't change the Vga default to display more colors. I need at least 256 colors to run Oracle 10G software for this server. %Help%:confused:

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

Install windows 2000 server [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I want to install windows 2000 server on a computer but on this computer was installed windows xp. I don't know to delet windows xp without format harddisk and install windows 2000 server. Plese help me

View more questions Search