Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stockdog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
    Pumps
    I have just installed a PS150 BOOST pump and PUMPROL points and a PS Controller unit in a Solar array. Cut in cut out pressure is 30/50PSI, this is all working fine the pump is cutting in at the required pressure and cutting out at the required pressure but when the pump cuts out and the points open it shows a red LED on the PS contoller say Tank Full(which is not possible as there is no float switch installed at this stage). When the pressure is dropped to the 30PSI the contact points close to start the pump but it will not kick back in and still has the Tank Full Red LED showing?
    Any help I would be very grateful

Cheers
    Stockdog
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 24, 2013, 09:38 AM
    What tank are we talking about? Do you have a bladder tank? If so, have you opened the snifter valve to see if the tank is waterlogged? Can you give us more details? Back to you, Tom
    Stockdog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Yes it is a new bladder tank on the pump, my set up is I pump from two rain water tanks and this supplies water to the house. When the pump reaches the required peak pressure of 50psi the pump stops but the PS controller comes up with a red LED light saying tank is full, when the pressure on the gauge drops to its bottom pressure 30psi the contacts close but the pump will not start.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2013, 07:49 PM
    PS150 Boost 60 Solar Water Pump China (Mainland) Pumps

Is that your pump? If so, I notice that it features some sort of system to shut the pump off when a float switch is being used and the tank is full. It might be that you need to configure the controller. I did not notice a manual for the pump, but there is, at the bottom of the page, a help desk function that you can use.

Notice that is says this:

Pressure switch, pressure gauge, check, drain and shut-off
    Float switch for tank shut off if full
    Well probe sensor to protect pump from dry-runningNo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pumps [ 0 Answers ]

I just installed a 1horse 5 gpm 2 wire pump with all new system. I plugged it in to a generator and it barely got up to 20 psi. I opened the hose bibb at tank and the water only trickled out I bypassed the switch and it did the same thing. The well is 400' deep. Do you think the pump is too weak?

Well pumps [ 1 Answers ]

When a well pump comes on and off very quickly, this is: A. a long cycle, B. an intermediate cycle, C. a motorcycle, or D. a short cycle

Well pumps [ 1 Answers ]

Recommendations on summersible well pumps... Goulds or Franklin motors? Thanks

Circulating Pumps - submersible pumps - low efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people, Well I was selecting some hot water circulating pumps and submersible pumps, for a rather big project. I consulted GRUNDFOS (can't get bigger than that). For the hot water circulating pumps, Grundfos informed me that the best selection according to my (flow, head)...

Pumps [ 6 Answers ]

Why is it always advisable to start a pump against a closed valve?

View more questions Search