Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dieselsmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Salary laws
    My husband does yard maintenance in Georgia in large neighborhoods. He gets paid salary and works 5 days a week and doesn't get home until 7-9 at night. If he needs a personal or sick day he gets docked pay but if they are needed to work a Saturday they do not get paid for working more. He is required to do maintenance on the truck he drives such as oil changes, etc. he also is made to do personal stuff around his boss' house if there is not a lot of work to do. When he was hired he was told he would get home at a decent time and not work many sat if any. If the company is closed on a holiday such as Christmas and the guys are off he docks their pay for being off even though the company is not open. Is any of this legal?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 03:48 PM

Hello D:

It doesn't sound like it... But, what do you want to DO about it? He can complain, but then they'll fire him. It's tough to find work out there. I don't know what your situation is.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary laws [ 3 Answers ]

I am a sales representative on commissions... I have to earn my said salary in commissions before I get a penny of commissions... however I get a weekly check... so I guess it is more like salary plus commissions?? However, my questions is this: if I have to earn my said salary, then have to miss...

Salary Laws ? [ 2 Answers ]

Virginia - Salary 5 day work week - no pay for ot My question: I am a salaried employee. From my understanding my salary is based on a 5 day work week. Even If I work for only 4 days in a work week and my hours total up to 40 hours is it still legal for them to deduct from salary for...

Salary Laws [ 7 Answers ]

Can an employee who is on a salary payroll be moved to an hourly wage without prior notice? My mother was diagnosed with cancer and she has been out of work for about a week or so. She was told this week that she was moved to an hourly wage and that if she doesn't make the required amount of...

Salary laws [ 2 Answers ]

In order to be on a paid salary, is it true that you need a high school diploma?

Salary Laws [ 4 Answers ]

If a person is salary, they only work 1 or two days is it the law that we have to pay them a full 40 hours?

View more questions Search