Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cubalink Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 05:44 PM
    Decreased water pressure & noise in pipes
    We have noticed in our kitchen sink (our home is a three family and we live on the second level) that the water pressure has decreased from the faucet although the pressure in the sprayer is OK. What could be causing this given that the water pressure in the bathroom is fine? We've also noticed an inconsistent noise in the pipes to the bathroom sink (hot water only). It happens when you first turn it in and almost sounds as if the pipes are banging in the wall as the water tries to come up to the faucet. If we open and close the water it does go away. Any theories?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 29, 2005, 08:36 AM
    Sounds like you have drawn up some trash and it's now clogging the inlet ports of your sink and lavatory cartridges. You must open up the valve and clean out the ports. To be more specific I'll need the brand names of both valves and their age. Your move, tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 29, 2005, 08:36 AM
    Sounds like you have drawn up some trash and it's now clogging the inlet ports of your sink and lavatory cartridges. You must open up the valve and clean out the ports. To be more specific I'll need the brand names of both valves and their age. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever we run water in the house there is a humming sound about 30 seconds after water is turned off. It sounds like a water pump running, but we have city water. Seems to only happen in summer not when weather cools down. How much trouble am I in? Thanks! Hinsdale

Noise from pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if there is anything I can do about this, I have just moved into a new flat and have found that there is a constant "rushing noise" coming from the pipes. This is 24/7 and only quietens after I quickly turn a tap on and off (but does come back after a few seconds). It seems to emminate...

Pipes Making Noise [ 30 Answers ]

I have read some other posts on this forum and have some ideas. However, I will try to be more specific. About every 5-10 minutes there is a clunking noise under our house. Our house was built in 1991 (I think), is a large rambler (3400sqft), and I have total access underneath it. This noise,...

Noise in pipes overhead? [ 1 Answers ]

About 9 months ago, we changed our old pipes to copper pipes throughout the house. Just recently, we hear funny noises when we turn on the shower in either bathroom. First we hear a tapping of the pipes, not too loud but enough and it sounds like it's coming from over our heads? Why is that?? ...

Gurgling Noise In Pipes [ 7 Answers ]

I have heard a noise for the past month in my water lines, in the wall where the main water shut-off is located. However, it is not constant. It is a humming/gurgling noise in my lines. Im thinking that it originates from my main water shutoff point, because when you put your hand on the valve, you...

View more questions Search