Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nobabes Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Seating Plan, family from hell!
    So my problem is that my family and my partners family will be difficult to seat together, and within my partners family, his mother and father HATE each other.

I know my side of the family will 'put up' with his family,but I don't want to make the day awkward for them, plus I will worry about it.. all night!

The situation is:
    Grooms side...
    Mother and father hate each other but the best man will be fine where ever.

On my side...
    My mother and father hates his father and my sister (bridesmaid) hates his mother.

And before you all say that they should realise its our day and just get on... his parents won't, they are selfish and won't be able to contain themselves once they have a drink.

My parents however are more civilised, but I don't want them to be uncomfortable all day and night. Although my sister, moody cow (lol) she is not very tolerant.. policewoman!

So... where do I seat them all... oh and, although it would be easier... I don't want to get married abroad or secretly! Lol
    hearty Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Oct 14, 2008, 01:35 PM

Just put your famillys side on one side
    And then put your boyfriends familly on the other side
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 03:18 PM

If his mother and father don't get along, separate them and sit them next to another relative. If they misbehave, kick them out. It's you and your day.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 04:46 PM

Sit them down and tell them to shut up and play nice for that couple hours. Who cares they don't like each other, they are suppose to play well on that day
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 14, 2008, 10:41 PM

I agree with fr chuck
    You make the sitting arrangement the way you want and leave at that and put the word out you wnt no fight or arraguing tell they get home tell them to have respect for you and the others...
    Stick to your guns Good luck
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:40 AM
    There are no rules as to who has to sit together. Seat his mother at one table with some of her family and friends, seat his father at another table with some of his family and friends, seat your parents at yet another table with your sister and some of their family and friends. The maid of honor and best man do not need to sit together. The bottom line is that everyone (ESPECIALLY YOU) should feel comfortable so that you can enjoy the day.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 1, 2008, 11:18 AM

Wow!. and you are marrying into this mess? ;) Maybe your fiancée and you should sit down and write up a contract. Make it clear that if they can't act like the adults that they are, in order to make your day special and stress free, that they will be asked to leave. Have your husband take his to his family members, and you to yours. Have them sign it, in a symbolic manor, and ask them all to read it again the day of your wedding. That might show them how stressful this is, without having to worry about them fighting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seating of parents at wedding & reception [ 3 Answers ]

My stepson is getting married next month. I was wondering how the seating should be for myself ( stepmom) and my husband ( father of groom ) and grooms mother and her lady friend. The bride has asked that the grooms mother's friend not sit in the front of the church nor at the parents table at the...

Seating divorced grandparents at wedding [ 1 Answers ]

The bride's grandmother is divorced from her husband (bride's grandfather), and want to make sure he doesn't sit beside her. Where should he be seated at the wedding?

Re-seating a toilet, what to charge? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to re-seat a wobbly toilet for a friend. The bolts are stripped and it just needs a new wax ring and new bolts. What's a fair price to charge?

Seating a new toilet bowl so that it is level [ 4 Answers ]

I am seating a new toilet bowl using a new wax ring with a gasket but when I Seat the bowl it does not seat flush to the tile floor . Should I shim the bowl ? And if that is a Yes , how do I shim it ? Regards Bob

Family House Guest From Hell! [ 7 Answers ]

-I am writing in to get some feedback from a professional on the following: My mother has allowed my youngest sister who is 22 years of age to move back into her home since about 1 month ago. My mother allowed her stay with the understanding that she would gain employment and then locate another...

View more questions Search