Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spanishtranslator Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2004, 08:27 PM
    Bathroom faucet
    I would like some advice for choosing a bathroom faucet. I'm a very practical guy. Looks are not important to me. Rather I want something that lasts, is easy for the plumber to repair or fix or work on. I want something that has a good warranty, etc. Can anyone recommend a brand or model that would be good? Also, please point me in the right direction to buy one online. If you can't post commercial urls in a post, then please pm me a url.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2004, 08:59 PM
    Re: bathroom faucet
    If you plan to install it yourself, I would go to your best local hardware, Ace, True Value, or others, not Home Depot or Lowe's. Buy something you have heard of, Moen, Kholer, American Standard, etc. or even their own brand. I think the single handle faucets are both more convenient and need fewer repairs. When anything you buy at the local hardware does need repaired, even 20 years from now, they are likely to have the parts. Building supply places tend to carry different lines of new merchandise, and stock very parts. The hardware store has parts, but mostly for the brands they sell.

Unless you are buying designer items, buy your pluming stuff locally. The shipping ordering off the net kills you.

This is a DIY opinion. Tom may give an answer more reflecting the ideas of the plumber you may need in 10 years.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 11, 2004, 09:53 PM
    If I were asked to recommend a brand name it would have to be Moen.  With Moen one cartridge will interchange with all  their faucets and once the cartridge has been changed you have rebuilt the valve and , in effect, have a new one.  The company I worked for used nothing but Moen products in their new construction.  The design is simple and is user friendly to work on and repair.  Here is a link for you to click on.
    http://www.moen.com/Plumber/homepage...TOKEN=69214055

Good luck,  Tom
    spanishtranslator Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2004, 07:08 AM
    Thank you both for your replies. I like what you have said about Moen. I think I have narrowed it down between Moen and Price Pfister. Anyone positive or negative comments about Price Pfister? My local Yardbirds and Home Depot both carry these brands. Would you recommend Moen over Price Pfister?

Thanks so much for you helpful comments. Very appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 13, 2004, 07:23 AM
    Bathroom faucet
    AS a repair plumber I prefer Moen. They are simpler to repair, you don't have to stock so many parts and they don't change their design every year. This means I can use the same cartridge for a kitchen sink faucet, a lavatory or a tub and shower no matter the age of the original installation.
    While Price Pfister valves are top of the line, Moen is easier to work on. My vote goes with Moen.
    Cheers, Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2004, 07:42 AM
    I would look around and see if anybody carries parts for thje Price Pfister. Also, with the Moen, there is a chance you may never need any parts.
    royals91 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Do you guys have any issues with Delta? They warranty deal with delta is top notch. You can get most parts next day from one of their reps in every state. I have some issues with moen warranty. 2 weeks for a soap dispenser pump come on now!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drip when bathroom faucet is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem that has me confused. When I turn on the hot water handle on my bathroom sink faucet I hear a dripping sound. I have investigate the hose from the faucet to the valve and found no moisture. I have also checked the valve up to the wall and see no moisture. No wetness on the...

Bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't have hot water coming through the bathroom sink faucet but through the shower it was fine. I adjusted the water valve under the sink and the water came flowing out now it won't stop when I turn the know on the faucet to the off position. Is it a seal or do I need to have the whole faucet...

Replacing bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my bathroom faucet but can't get the water supply line to stop leaking on the hot water side. It's a copper pipe and the cold water side hooked back up with no problems. Please help.

Air lock in bathroom water faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I just drained my hot water heater in an attempt (only partially successful) to eliminate the noise as the water heated. I now have one bathroom with no water (except for a bare dribble) either hot or cold. All other faucets are fine and this was not the faucet that I had turned on upstairs to...

Bathroom  faucet/sink [ 1 Answers ]

;D How to install a bathroom faucet and sink And shower faucets?

View more questions Search