Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamaturner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 05:11 PM
    Tax penalty
    I have a long problem with the CRA, it ended up with them giving me a very high penalty, now I cannot ever pay that fine because it is HUGE, my question is , what is the worst that they can do to me, can they cancel my immigrant status? Or what is the worst can they do to me? The absolute worse.. because there is no way I can afford to pay them what they are asking me, it is just impossible..

Please help me because I am simply alone and helpless in Canada
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 05:41 PM
    The worst they can do is send you to jail, cancel your status and THEN deport you immediately upon your release if you fail to pay what's due..

If there was no penalty... nobody would pay their taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax penalty [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise me, I have a problem with the Canada Revenue Agency, it ended up with them giving me a very high penalty, now I cannot ever pay that fine because it is HUGE, my question is , what is the worst that they can do to me, can they cancel my immigrant status, can they put me in jail?? Or...

401k penalty (after or before tax) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: When calculating 401k early withdrawal penalty tax (10%), is it after or before the first 20% federal income tax? In other words, if the lump sum is 100k, tax is 20k. Is penalty 10% of 100k (10k), or 10% of 80k (8k)? Thanks, D

10% penalty tax - forgiveness [ 1 Answers ]

I was laid off in 01-07. I received my employee stock option plan Employee Cash Bal Ret Plan which I cashed out and something from Fidelity Onvestments which I also cashed out. They were not IRA's. The reason I cashed them out was to pay my COBRA and to start my own consulting business. In...

Tax Penalty on 401K [ 5 Answers ]

I am just divorced and am receiving 401K in a large sum. If I stay below $125,000 gross income will I stay at 25% tax penalty.

401K penalty tax [ 2 Answers ]

I withdrew 35,676.09 from 401K with 7,135.21 federal tax with held. Can you tell me how much more I will have to be paid from this amount when taxes are done this year. This withdrawal was done in 2006.

View more questions Search