Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pambou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 05:15 PM
    80's fantasy movie title involving magic travel mirrors/strange creatures
    I was wondering if anyone remembers a movie I remember seeing on TV a long long time ago. All I can remember from it is that there's a girl who I think has an evil mother or step-mother or something. The girl has a large mirror in her bedroom and somehow goes through it. She enters a world filled with magic mirrors that are used to travel to different regions of their world. There's some kind of creature type thing that she meets up with, and they go on together to try and find her way home. She ends up hearing of an evil queen who controls their land who I think ends up being her mother/step-mother. She's turning people into plants I think? Anyway, it was an enjoyable movie, I'd like to see it again.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Snow Queen?
    OR
    Troll (The 10th Kingdom) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OR
    Snow White: A Tale of Terror (1997) - IMDb user comments
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Oct 2, 2007, 06:45 PM

I love "The 10th Kingdom" Parts of the posters description do sound very close to that movie but others don't fit at all. The queen didn't turn anyone into plants and only 2 of the mirrors were transportation mirrors, and they only transported to NYC. The mirror wasn't in the girls room either, in fact when she first went through the mirror it didn't look like a mirror at all, simply a wavy sci-fi type portal.
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Oct 2, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust713
    I love "The 10th Kingdom" Parts of the posters description do sound very close to that movie but others don't fit at all. the queen didn't turn anyone into plants and only 2 of the mirrors were transportation mirrors, and they only transported to NYC. The mirror wasn't in the girls room either, infact when she first went through the mirror it didn't look like a mirror at all, simply a wavy sci-fi type portal.
    Was 10th kingdom a mini series before it was a movie? Cause I'm intrested in buying the movie, but when I look it up there is two years2002 and 2000. The 2000 one has mini next to it? Or was it aired on TV in a mini series format, like the jackson 5 movie was back in the 90's? Do you know anything about this? Thanx:D
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Oct 2, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessb
    was 10th kingdom a mini series before it was a movie? cause im intrested in buying the movie, but wen i look it up there is two years2002 and 2000. the 2000 one has mini next to it? or was it aired on tv in a mini series format, like the jackson 5 movie was back in the 90's? do u know anything bout this? thanx:D
    Yes, "The Tenth Kingdom" is a mini series (hence the fact that it's 7 hours long). Regardless of the length it is by far my favorite movie, and I never get tired of watching it.

Oct 3, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust713
    Yes, "The Tenth Kingdom" is a mini series (hence the fact that it's 7 hours long). Regardless of the length it is by far my favorite movie, and I never get tired of watching it.
    Oh cool thanks, I better watch that on a rainy day then:)
    Pambou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Yea, not 10th kingdom I own that one already... thanks though.
    brandonorr06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
    I have been looking for this movie for hours. I love it, I watched it in middle school and I couldn't remember the name for the life of me. Thanks so much!
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Oct 10, 2007, 09:10 AM
    I would DEFINITLEY recommend the 10th kingdom. I'm glad there are people out there who love it just as much as me. I bought it a while ago and its actually a little case with 3 dvds because its so long. But it's the perfect movie to watch all day long if you don't feel good and want to lay in bed all day to watch movies.

It's a total classic!
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 12, 2007, 01:27 AM
    I love fantasy and would like to know where I would find the 10h Kingdom in Canada, is it really popular? Best Buy?
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Yeah I'm sure you can get it at best buy. I found mine at Wherehouse! But I'm sure you can find it on amazon.com too!
    Ashlily82 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pambou
    i was wondering if anyone remembers a movie i remember seeing on tv a long long time ago. all i can remember from it is that there's a girl who i think has an evil mother or step-mother or something. the girl has a large mirror in her bedroom and somehow goes through it. she enters a world filled with magic mirrors that are used to travel to different regions of their world. there's some kind of creature type thing that she meets up with, and they go on together to try and find her way home. she ends up hearing of an evil queen who controls their land who i think ends up being her mother/step-mother. she's turning people into plants i think? anyways, it was an enjoyable movie, i'd like to see it again.
    Could the movie be "Magic in the Mirror" all I remember about it was a girl going through a mirror and ducks trying to eat her

Oct 12, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    I love fantasy and would like to know where I would find the 10h Kingdom in Canada, is it really popular? Best Buy??
    I order it from FYE, if you have one there, they can order it for you, or you can order it from there online store.. if not amazon.com should have it.
    welshbaycouple Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pambou
    i was wondering if anyone remembers a movie i remember seeing on tv a long long time ago. all i can remember from it is that there's a girl who i think has an evil mother or step-mother or something. the girl has a large mirror in her bedroom and somehow goes through it. she enters a world filled with magic mirrors that are used to travel to different regions of their world. there's some kind of creature type thing that she meets up with, and they go on together to try and find her way home. she ends up hearing of an evil queen who controls their land who i think ends up being her mother/step-mother. she's turning people into plants i think? anyways, it was an enjoyable movie, i'd like to see it again.
    Is it the neverending story your thinking of the creature the girl meets in this is like a big dog

Oct 14, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by welshbaycouple
    IS IT THE NEVERENDING STORY YOUR THINKING OF THE CREATURE THE GIRL MEETS IN THIS IS LIKE A BIG DOG
    Neverending storie, didn't have mirrors, or a step mother. And it was a boy and a dog, there was a emperous but she wasn't a main character, but it was based around her needing a new name. The 2nd one had an evil queen like lady but nothing that fits that discription...
    Good guess though. :) two of my favorites children movies.
    stellar_kar Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Oct 14, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Is it this possibly?
    Magic in the Mirror (1996)
    Beckra29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 09:42 PM
    I have been trying to find out what this movie was for years and I finally found it! It's called "Hugga Bunch". The jacket of the vhs looks like it's an animated movie, but it's not. I found it on youtube.com if you want to check it out and make sure...
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Oct 16, 2007, 06:33 AM
    The Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors
    cgrobin3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Beckra 29 thank you so much I have been racking my brains to find out which film it was all I could remember was a film with an evil queen a glass container with a plan in and a girl and you finally solved it for me
    googlemoose Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Hmmmmmm 'magic in the mirror'?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with an 80's or early 90's fantasy movie title! [ 5 Answers ]

I stumbled into this place and it looks like someone may be able to help me with this... I've been after a movie title for something like the last ten or fifteen years, and just lately it's started bugging me afresh. I must have seen it when I was super small, and only remember fragments of the...

Title of 80's kid fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

This movie came on YTV (Canadian youth television channel) all the time when I was a kid, which was in the early 90's but the movie I think was made probably in the early 80's. What I remember most is these kids going to this fantasy land, I think the kids meet this blonde midget, little guy in a...

80's fantasy movie title needed [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE help me figure out what movie this is... It has to be an 80's movie although it could be very, very late 70's (78 or 79)... All I remember is that it was about a little boy (maybe 8-10) who lived with his grandparents and his grandmother asked him to go to the corner store to buy...

Title for 80's fantasy movie with magic slide [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I recently had a memory about a fantasy movie that I saw in the early nineties, but I'm assuming it was older than that, probably from the eighties. All I remember is a boy and girl, brother and sister I think, end up in this magical land with all these strange people and this couple who may...

Title to an 80's fantasy movie [ 5 Answers ]

My friends and I are on a quest to find the title to a fantasy movie from the 80's. All we can remember is it has two kids about 9-10 on a quest to find a man in a castle w/ a heart of stone and to kill him w/ a sword they get late in the movie. They do kill the guy, when they do, his heart...

View more questions Search