Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrissaay86 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Lumps on babies skull?
    My daughter is three months old and recently I found a lump on the back of her head. Its central and is just before the skull dips into the neck at the back of her head. I've never noticed it before and it seems joined to her skull but as you can imagine I'm very worried.

She's still laughing and smiling but recently she has been pretty whingy but I think she's got a cold (shes just come out of hospital with broncolitus (RSV).

Any ideas what it could be?

Dec 10, 2008, 11:52 AM

Arg, reply anyone?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:57 AM

Lymph nodes! She has a cold. If you are concerned I would contact your pediatrician
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 12:01 PM

Could be a cyst... maybe a swollen lymph node perhaps from her recent infection... is it hard or soft? Does it move under the skin or seems stationary? Obviously you'll want her doctor to check it out for the peace of mind.

Dec 10, 2008, 12:05 PM

Its as hard as her skull is and it doesn't move.. it seems fused to her skull. Its about the size of a 2p coin as well... (about 2 cms ish). I hadn't noticed it before but since she got her bald patch its become very noticeable.. I asked my mam what she thought and she said she didn't know if it was normal or not. I'd ask my doctors but they are all weird up here and think that every mother who has a problem is a hypocondriac
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 12:07 PM

Push the issue. Insist that your child is important and needs to be seen. If they give you a problem go to another doctor. You are the only person your child can rely on and it is your responsibility to get your child any help it may need.

Dec 10, 2008, 12:20 PM

I'm just frightened in case its something bad like cancer.. but surely it couldn't be ?
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 12:30 PM

More than likely it is swollen lymph nodes and nothing more serious. I'd call the gp and make an appointment. Since she is only 3 months old, they will see her because they certainly are not going to take the chance of misdiagnosing anything over the phone.

Dec 10, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Phew, I'll have to take her in the morning though because its 1932 and only the urgent care centre is open and out of hours surgery
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 12:35 PM

Let us know the update!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of a skull ring [ 6 Answers ]

I recently entered into business dealing with two gentlemen wearing the following rings : Both worn on right hand little finger. Rings were 18ct Gold with skull only no crossbones or anything else. The eyes were 2 diamonds. When I enquired about the rings, they were not available for any...

Lump in skull [ 1 Answers ]

I have found a hard-like-a-bone lump in the left side head of my 10 week old baby, it seems like she has a malformed skull... is this normal or what?

7 Hard Lumps surfaced on my skull within 3 days time. NOT ZITS OR INGROWN HAIR! [ 1 Answers ]

As of this evening, I now have 7 hard lumps that have randomly appeared on my skull. They are not red or odd colored. They are circular in varying sizes from Quarter size to Pea Size. They do not itch, but they do hurt when pressure is applied. I am having headaches off and on, but don't know...

Small lump on skull [ 1 Answers ]

Just under my eye, on the bone that surrounds the eye, there is a very small lump, about a milimetre in length. If I apply pressure to it, I can feel pain, but I think that is just in the skin. It only appears on one side. I only noticed it recently, but it could have bee nthere for much longer. Is...

View more questions Search