Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isabelgloe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2015, 10:57 AM
    The fan doesn't shut off.
    Hello,
    I have a Westinghouse (Nordyne) Gas furnace Model # L1RA 045N-08A. The fan doesn't shut off but the furnace still won't blow heat.
    To shut off the fan, I have to unplug the power. I changed the filter and it worked fine two or three nights. Now, back to just the blower constantly blowing cold air.
    From reading your previous posts, I came up with the following questions:
    Could it be the high temperature safety switch?
    Could it be the flame sensor?
    Could it be furnace thermostat?
    Are there any more possibilities? Which potential problem should I attempt to resolve first in order of less difficulty and lower parts cost?
    Thank you in advance,
    Isabel

Westinghouse (Nordyne) Gas furnace Model # L1RA 045N-08A
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Feb 7, 2015, 12:00 PM
    I would start with the stat. If you turn the stat to the off position does the fan stop? To eliminate the stat, take the stat off to expose the wires. Be sure to turn power off to the furnace first. Take the R, G and W wires off and twist them together. Restore power. The fan and heat should come on.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2015, 06:12 PM
    Is there a blinking red light on the control board where the thermostat wires connect to the heater? If so, please count the blinks & on the inside of the blower compartment door should be a key to the blink code. Tell us what the blink code indicates & we can help you find a cure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fan blower doesn't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I just replace a control board in my rheem gas furnes I got a uthec but I replace with a universal control board is working and everything but don't shut off wath could be

Ceiling Fan doesn't Shut Off. [ 0 Answers ]

I replaced a 4 wire 3 speed ceiling fan pullchain control switch. Lights are powered by wall switch.So I did what it said, as I took out the wire from old switch, put it into the same location on the new switch. One at a time carefully. Those switches are cheaply made. Well everything seemed fine...

Why doesn't my celing fan shut off? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan. It is pretty old but works fine. Two days ago, it wouldn't shut off or switch speeds. The pull chain makes the same clicking sounds as if it was changing or shutting off but the speed of the fan doesn't change at all. HELP!

Ceiling fan doesn't shut off pull chain doesn'work [ 1 Answers ]

Pull chain does not work fan cannot be shut off.pull chain is the only way to turn fan on or off

A/c fan doesn't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a company install some cellulose insulation in my house. Since then, my air conditioning unit does not shut off until I turn up the temperature button to 80. Is it possible that something could be in the attic coils that makes the fan unit not shut off?

View more questions Search