Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nash54 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2015, 05:37 AM
    Eviction
    Hi I am a south Carolina resident , have a business in which I have been a behind on my rent for a year, go an evicton notice from my landlord,I am fixng t file chapter i3 what will happen to the eviction
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2015, 06:45 AM
    Ask the attorney handling your Chapter 13. A Chapter 13 generally means you continue to do business while you work on resolving your debts. So the eviction would probably be deferred. You will have to be paying something to the trustee as dictated by the courts. Part of that will go towards settling your debt with the landlord.

Aug 20, 2015, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scottgem View Post
    ask the attorney handling your chapter 13. A chapter 13 generally means you continue to do business while you work on resolving your debts. So the eviction would probably be deferred. You will have to be paying something to the trustee as dictated by the courts. Part of that will go towards settling your debt with the landlord.
    Would the courts decide how much do I pay the landlord, if so how do the courts determine how much do we have to pay,

Aug 20, 2015, 09:41 AM
    As I understand it, a truste will be appointed by the court to oversee your case. The Trustee will review your assets, income and liabilities and develop a plan that will be submitted to the court for approval.

Aug 20, 2015, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    As I understand it, a truste will be appointed by the court to oversee your case. The Trustee will review your assets, income and liabilities and develop a plan that will be submitted to the court for approval.
    If things don't work out after say a year or so with the plan developed by the trustee of the court can I than file for chapter 7

Aug 20, 2015, 01:53 PM
    Don't you have an attorney? You should and these are question you should ask your attorney. Frankly, I'm not sure if, once you have chosen one chapter to file under that you can switch to another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nj eviction [ 4 Answers ]

I have recetly moved in to a house in nj. The state was suppose to help me pay the rent. But now they won't for June and July. The landlord had someone here before me who trashed the house. I took several pictures. Their was dead mice and alive mice every where, along with 100s of roaches alive and...

Eviction [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping that someone can help me out on here! I have a tenant that had a cousin staying with her for several days. During that time the police came to the home and knocked on the door, at that time the "cousin" ran, he was caught by the police. Upon searching the home they found crack...

Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to evict a 26 year old child who does not pay rent, work,very disrespectful,does not follow any rules

VA eviction notice.can we pay and stop the eviction [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his wife are living in VA in a rental house. Rent is due the 1st with a 5 day grace period. When they realized they weren't going to be have money for rent until the 18th (wife is a teacher and that is her monthly payday) she called the rental agent and explained. She was told that as...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search