Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pyroman1435 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Oct 26, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessian Horseman
    Sony has more game titles under there belt, tho Microsoft is tough competitor. the downfall of 360 is you can't play old xbox games, and the ps3 is compatible all the way back to ps1. 360 already has many good games out but also ps3 will ante up pretty good.
    let me think... wrong!?
    lol wow u can play old xbox games on the xbox 360. Some of them can't because u need one of the updates. U can get the updates by new xbox360 games or by getting your xbox connected to the Internet. They are making a new ps3 that will not be able to play old PlayStation games (ps1,ps2). So if u get the ps3 and want to play ps2 games u need to get the old version. Its more expincive though. Also xbox live is the coolest thing =D
    there also was a article in Game Informer mag. Sorry I don't know the issue # it waz eather oct 2007 issue or nov 2007 issue.

hope that helped correct me if I'm wrong on anything. Just make sure right first!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:32 PM
    You have to pay for xbox live though, which sucks. I don't have a PS3 yet but with PS2 you could play online for free! Also PS3 no longer will offer hardware backwards compatibility but there is a free emulator you can download that may still work for some games. Reading about it online it seems it's the PS3's in Europe that don't have any emulation built in at all. The ones in the US (the early models had full hardware emulation and the newer models have a less efficient software emulator for PS2/PS1

It's almost best to but the 20 or 40 GB PS3 and a PS2 (if you don't still have a working one) to be sure you can play your PS2 titles until someone releases a PS2 emulator that will work for all games (I have no doubt someone will make one soon and release it online)

From the Sony USA Website about the PS3
    Backwards Compatibility
    Play thousands of PS one® and PlayStation®2 games as well as your CDs and DVDs on the PLAYSTATION®3.

NOTE
    Some PlayStation 2 or PlayStation format software titles may perform differently on this system than they do on PlayStation 2 or PlayStation systems, or may not perform properly on this system. PS3 does not support a vibration controller.
    Letsgetitmovin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Comment on wizzkid89's post
    The PS3 DOES play the older games
    buttcrack Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Dude its got free online man!! Ps3's are da bomb bro!!
    redsox34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Go with the Xbox 360 you'll be happy
    In fact I going to get one.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by buttcrack
    DUDE iTS GOT FreE OnlINE MAN!!!! PS3'S ARE DA BOMB BRO!!!
    Thank you for this highly technical insight.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Nov 22, 2007, 10:43 AM
    By now if you don't have a 360... what in the world have you been doing after work or school? Here's the deal, I have the 360 , wii, and the ps3. Wiis for kids, as of right now the graphics are to close to call on the 2 main consoles, you can go back and forth on which one is better all you want but each can make great graphics, however the 360 has been out so much longer and due to this the games I feel are just better (right now) the ps3 is playing catch up. I am a xbox 360 fan , but in the back of my mind I do feel in time the ps3 will be better, it was designed to do so. They just lack the big mega hit games that the 360 can put out.
    So for now 360 is just better, but in time ps3 will be the best system (graphiclly) once this happens Microsoft will have another system in the wake.

Get a 360, you want be sorry, call of duty 4 , gears of war, are just a few reasons that will keep you wanting more
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:50 PM
    I have to reply on this, I bought a Wii and PS3 and the Wii, while really fun for about 2 weeks is rather limited and is for younger kids as said above.

After seeing the PS3 and playing a 360 in stores I would say the PS3 is the best next-gen console, it's really too bad its not selling as well as it should be for the features it offers.

The fact that you can play online for free with a PS3 is what makes it better than the 360 in my book, I love downloading the free demos and games. If anyone is a fan of Gran Turismo, there is a free HD preview of GT5, which is just a small taste of the graphics you can expect from Gran Turismo 5.
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 22, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Online play is a decision maker? If one charges $6 a month and the other is free? Pffffft

360 charges you, but then they have a ton of BETTER games that can be played online, their controls vibrate, unlike ps3. Ps3 has free internet but maybe less then 5 games WORTH playing online.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a sony fan lol. I have a 360 but no ps3 yet due to its price. 360 is more for the main stream gamers imo. PS3 is lacking in the games dept. I mean there isn't one game out for it that I want to play (that I can't on another system)... but you they are playing catch up, and looks lik 08 will be their year to shine. Devil may cry 4, disgaea 3, ff13 and versus, their new "second life" type thing which seems pretty cool and a lot funner then sitting looking at tabs on a 360.

My recommendation to anyone, get the 360 first, ps3 2nd. After this summer, get a ps3 first and a 360 2nd.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:21 PM
    You also have to consider that the PS3 is less prone to just die, 360's have had that problem since the beginning, AND there is finally a release date for Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, this April.

Also yes, why should I have to pay $6 a month, $72 a year to get online with my games, if I'm paying $70 plus tax for the newest games I want to be able to play online and offline without having to sign in and enter the code off the back of a pre-paid card every month.

The 2 consoles are selling about equal and some sites indicate that so far this year ps3 is selling better than 360 but neither has released hard figures. I still can't believe that the Wii is the top selling console. I bought that hunk of junk and it's fun for a few days but its not fun to always be waving your hands around to play a game.Plus the graphics are blah... it's really not much better graphics than a game cube. It's really been over-hyped.
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Feb 12, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    You also have to consider that the PS3 is less prone to just die, 360's have had that problem since the beginning, AND there is finally a release date for Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, this April.

Also yes, why should i have to pay $6 a month, $72 a year to get online with my games, if I'm paying $70 plus tax for the newest games I want to be able to play online and offline without having to sign in and enter the code off the back of a pre-paid card every month.

The 2 consoles are selling about equal and some sites indicate that so far this year ps3 is selling better than 360 but neither has released hard figures. I still can't beleive that the Wii is the top selling console. I bought that hunk of junk and it's fun for a few days but its not fun to always be waving your hands around to play a game.Plus the graphics are blah... it's really not much better graphics than a game cube. It's really been over-hyped.
    While I agree with you about having to pay to play online... if you look at the games both systems have atm, xbox has the only games WORTH playing online. Ps3 has a few, medal of honor, resistance etc. playstation has never been an online focused system... ps2 had a few games here and there (other then sports games)

This year is probably the year of the ps3... they have several games that people have been waiting for forever coming out. They have some cool games, FINALLY. (at least 2?) their new home thing is a big pull, I'm tempted to go get one just for that, much cooler then flippin pages. They finally dropped their price to 'semi' reasonable.

And of course WII will be topping both systems. I had one for a few weeks also, definitely gets boring. But its fun getting your friends together to play some mario party, or smash bros... can be pretty fun, since ps3 AND 360 don't offer many 3+ multiplayer offline games. Its MUCH cheaper, and 'new'. Smash bros will jump its sales too because it will be the first actually looked forward to game on the system, making it worth even keeping around longer then a couple weeks.
    carefreejimbob Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by electr0
    I never thought this might be a problem but, I've already had a PS2 and a bunch of games for it and never had any xbox games, while so far my friends all have 360's and now the PS3 is coming out. I want to get the PS3 because of my games that I can play for it. But then I can play the online on the 360. Also if someone knows for sure which one is going to be better too.:D

If anyone would know what to do in this situaton, I would be grateful to recieve an answer. T Y:confused:
    The other guy who awnsered your question is lying through his fanboy teeth.in fact 360 has almost triple the amount of games than the ps3,and all systems now come loaded with the newest update which enables you to play old xbox games no problem.and you can still take them online on your 360! I own both,and 360 is definalty much better,graphically they are identical.but 360 has better online,more(and better) games,and that's why its leading the console war.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Comparing the number of games isn't really fair, the 360 is older. But so far this year ps3 is selling better because a lot of great games are expected this year.

Also I'm hesitant to buy the 360 since it uses standard dvd's for games. I think that in a few years games will be larger than 4 or 8 gb and they will have to upgrade the hardware. The ps3 uses blu-rays which can hold 25 GB.

For now both game systems are similar but who knows where technology will go in a few years.
    mcboy35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Xbox360 is I have had one it don't work now
    jordan8008 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 04:28 PM
    U need 180 gigabyte ps3 to play old games ps3 also has better graphics and bluray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar Hero/Guitar Hero II for PS3 help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I don't have a PS2 'cause I made a mistake by waiting for the PS3 to come out forever, but SINCE IT'S FINALLY COMING OUT... I'm going to get it. And the first games I want are Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II. I want to know if it'll play on my Play Station 3 since it's made for Play...

View more questions Search