Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara2020 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2016, 09:48 PM
    6 or 8 weeks for bone healing
    How come sometimes they leave a cast on for 6 weeks and other times for 8 weeks?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2016, 02:58 AM
    All depends where the break is and how stable the bones are without being compromised by osteo and age.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 12, 2016, 07:16 AM
    To add to what Tick said, it also depends on the kind of break. Was it a compound break? A greenstick fracture? Etc. Also, what bone was involve? Ulnar? Femoral?

Too many variables to answer this completely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bone healing [ 2 Answers ]

Broke both bone in my forearm completely. Had metal rods and screws installed how long before my bones are back to normal for lifting weights?

Dental bone graft healing [ 1 Answers ]

How long does a dental bone graft heal on? How long for the hole to close up and the pain stop?

Clarification whether is it bone spur or bone tumor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello doctor, my mother(45+ years) has bone spur(tissue like projection) in the foot from the foot x-ray and scan taken. now I have a doubt that whether is it a bone tumor or bone spur. because sometimes she has fever, chills and little night sweat, vomiting and tenderness, swelling.

Healing [ 9 Answers ]

Recently Lord rebuked me for my sinful life. I am in the process of cleaning up. Hence battery of my faith is running low right now. I have asked Lord Jesus to recharge it. HE has hooked me up for a recharge free of cost:D. In the meantime a question came to my mind that how do non-Christians,...

38 weeks and want to rip my pubic bone out and a possible yeast infection? [ 7 Answers ]

For the past almost three weeks my pubic bone has been very sore. The last couple of days have been the worst. I have been active this pregnancy, I exercise regularly and otherwise feel great. It's just this damn pubic bone is killing me. It hurts whether I am active or if I am laying down...

View more questions Search