Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MelbaCook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 04:51 PM
    How do I divorce my Philippina wife from the USA?
    I am an American Citizen. I was married in Las Vegas in 1994 to a Philippina. For 10 of our past married years, we lived in Manilla. In 2005 I moved back to the USA alone. I now want to get a divorce from my Philippina Dentist wife. We have 2 children, 13 and 4, who also live in Manilla with their Mother. How can I divorce her while she is in the Philippines and I am in the USA? What court handles this? Where do I start? I am willing to pay child support and do not want any part of her dental practice there in Manilla. Please help me with this answer.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Your best bet: Talk to a lawyer, they will help you start the divorce and also be able to set up child support and alimony payments and stuff like that.
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
    I would also seek out the Philippines consulate/embassy and see if they can give you any advise, but because you got married in the U.S would it not be the same procedure as if she were in the country? You would just have to send her the papers... this makes sense to me, but I'm guessing.
    Embassy of the Philippines, Washington DC
    Embassy of the United States in Manila

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife transferred property out of my name during divorce, can I fight this? [ 2 Answers ]

Living in CA, and my wife and I are in the middle of a messy divorce. She left our residence (mobile home) w/ the children in March, but 1 mo. Later returned and changed the locks, not allowing me access to the residence since that time. After numerous attempts to gain entrance (in order to...

General law on divorce for wife [ 1 Answers ]

I have friends whose daughter and son in law are business partners with them. The daughter is a stay at home mother and is dependent on her husbands income. If she were to file for divorce does that hinder her getting alimony? And how would the business be treated by the courts? He seems to try...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

What do you do if your ex-wife doesn't follow the divorce decree when she files her t [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: As part of our divorce decree, the judge ruled specifically that we were both supposed to claim two of our four children on our taxes. I just found out that my ex-wife claimed all four of the children and submitted electronically. Now, I am worried that when I file my taxes (as...

X-wife in defalt of divorce agreement and visitation [ 3 Answers ]

my fiance's x-wife has moved back and forth from miami to orlando fl. Several times over the last 2 years with their now 9 year old daughter. My fiancé has not spoken to or seen his daughter know for 3 months. He is supposed to have visitation according to the divorce agreement with his daughter...

View more questions Search