Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imax Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2005, 03:22 AM
    Question about being a virgin?
    I am a 17 year old teenage guy from canada and I was wondering if its sad or pathetic to be a virgin at the age of 17. And when is a good age to lose your virginity if there is one ?

Hope you can help me out. Thanks.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Virgin
    Hi,
    I am 63 yrs old, so take what I say with my age in mind!
    It is no "sin" to be a virgin.
    I was 18 when I got "lucky".
    Your first time will be up to you, and the young lady you like well enough to have sex with. BE SURE you wear protection, a condom, when you do.
    Don't ever take any young lady's word for it that you are the first... unless you know of course, that she is not lying to you.
    There is no "set" age at when a young man has sex, it's different for everyone.
    My first was in the front seat of a car, with a bench seat, sitting on a deserted river bank, looking at the moon... very, very, nice!
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    billp Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2005, 11:31 AM
    I agree with fredg. There is no "age limit" and certainly no real value to going all the way unless it feels right for both you and the girl. I was 17 and my girl was 18. More boys than you realize don't get there until they are in their 20's. There is always a lot of bragging (and lying).

I found that the most fun was with someone I really loved (and I loved my first--she is now my wife!). It makes it far more worthwhile. Otherwise it is like two dogs, which is how it felt in my "fallen out" period when I tried "the others."

cheers,

Bill
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Apr 13, 2005, 12:52 AM
    Female P.O.V.
    Hey there

Just thought you might want a female opinion on this post.
    I was 17 and my boyfriend was 18 when we both lost our virginity. I'm now 19 and I find nothing more annoying than overhearing guys bragging (or yes, more like lying as is often the case) about how many girls they've slept with.

If you don't push for it, it will come to you when it's supposed to.

Oh and I don't believe there is any particular age that one should lose their virginity, but I don't believe in not having sex before marriage either - you've got to try before you buy!!

:)
    zeeshan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2005, 07:29 PM
    [QUOTE=Star_Girl_123]Hey there
    ---

AHmm aHmmmm... may I have your contact number please...
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Apr 28, 2005, 09:29 PM
    In your dreams
    zeeshan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2005, 09:33 PM
    Lollzz.. well in my dreams I'll do something else...
    xXRachelXx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2005, 02:34 PM
    What I think
    Hey,
    I lost my virginity when I was about 15... and I regret it... I really think you shouldn't be pressured into it by all of your "buddies", they might say they've done it but they are probably all in the same position as you are... Do it with someone you love or like... but don't let it get to you. (being a girl) I think that you MUST make sure the girl you are planning with WANTS to do it... I didn't and the sex felt good... but very awkward, I've made many mistakes in my life (such as being a call girl for a day) and (having sex with guys who pressured me) just go with the flo and let what happens happen.
    :P
    Rachel
    HANK Posts: 98, Reputation: 5

Apr 29, 2005, 02:45 PM
    Good For You:
    You ought to be damn proud you're a virgin. It's a smart move. When looking at the future, with all those diseases out there, young and old alike have to think more then twice before they take the next step in a relationship. Wait until your wedding night!

HANK :)
    Brandi Nikki Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2005, 11:03 AM
    I think it is a good thing to be a virgin! That way u really got to worry about all the yhings u can catch(there is A LOT!! ) :(
    Zinger242 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2005, 09:34 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm 20 and I'm a virgin.
    25rps Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2005, 12:44 AM
    I am as well
    DomYbOsS Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2005, 03:10 AM
    I am 24 male and still virgin ;)
    comp1337_noob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2005, 01:51 AM
    I'm 15 and still a virgin. A lot of my friends always call me different names.. you know.. but lately I've openly admitted to friends I'm a virgin. Some girls think its cute, so it's a bonus. I could lose my virginity if I wanted to, but I don't want to catch an STD.. Plus I want it to be a with a girl that at least means something when I lose it.
    trim Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2005, 01:48 AM
    Erm don't rush
    Hi I'm 15 an I lost my virginity when I was 13 it was the biggest mistake of my life because me an my girl friend rushed into it to fast so I think you should wait till someone speacial comes along
    winky114 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 12:35 PM
    How do you know if your girlfriend is virgin or not?
    She say, she still a virgin. But how do you know? Can you tell if you want has sex with her.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Oct 19, 2005, 12:42 PM
    Just Wait. There is no rush. You will have no regrets and no diseases to worry about, condom or not.
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 19, 2005, 08:20 PM
    Bro, I was a virgin until I got married, and I am grateful for that every day. I honestly think my wife and I have a stronger relationship from it, because she too was a virigin until we got married. It's not embarrassing, all my friends were sleeping with everyone, and it didn't benefit them one bit. They are all still going crazy and it effects their lives and school. I'm settled down, and life, school, and marriage are going great for me. Not saying that your life sucks if you don't wait, but my life truly benefited from doing it.
    wisdom worm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2006, 06:24 AM
    I am 17 as well and a virgin. There are a few reasons I'm a virgin, for one I was a late bloomer. Middle school, Freshman and Sophomore year I looked very childlike, I was a little shorter than everyone else, and of course I wasn't the flirtatious type. I didn't get much action, however when I turned 16 and through 17 (im almost 18 now) I grew a lot, and my characteristics matured, I work out a lot now and I'm in the drama club in a production called the wizard of oz, by new bedford high school, last fall I was on the high school football team. Anyway I have had tons of girls hitting on me, (mostly sophmores and juniors, seniors my age still have an old mindset of me :) ) I don't handle the flirting very well its all new to me, it suprises some of the hot girls that hit on me how much I suck at flirting sometimes they take it as I don't like them when I really do!!
    But anyway I have had many girls ask me to be their boyfriend, a sophomore named kayla asked me out, she's 2 years younger than me but omfg she is one of the hottest girls in my school ( my school has 3500 students attending ) I have gotten very close to having sex with her but I think to myself omfg I have gone so long without having sex I'm going to chance getting an std now, Should I have sex with her I'm sure she's a virgin, or should I wait till I get married?
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Imax
    I am a 17 year old teenage guy from canada and I was wondering if its sad or pathetic to be a virgin at the age of 17. And when is a good age to lose your virginity if there is one ?

Hope you can help me out. Thanks.
    As long as you are of legal age there is no good age or good time to lose your virginty - the best time is when you feel you are ready to do so. I have great respect for anyone who is still a virgin. I lost myvirginity at 17yrs old. I was more than ready, did it with my current partner at the time. He and I are not togeher anymore but share a very special friendship. I have no regrets.

The only advice I can give you is to wait until you are ready and wait until you find someone you feel really comfortable with.

I have so many friends who lost it due to peer pressure at a young age and under awful circumstances that they have great regrets now.

It is something that happens naturally, so don't worry about it and just enjoy it when the time comes :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30-Something Virgin [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my story... As a teenager, I dealt with a lot of depression and low self-esteem. I didn't date at all until I was a freshman in college. I was in a serious relationship with a guy for a year in my late teens. He asked me to sleep with him. But, I told him that although I was attracted...

My boy friends a virgin [ 12 Answers ]

:confused: Im seeing this wonderful guy and everything is going well but in the back of my mind I can't help but to doubt our relationship lasting because I am his first, he has'nt really even been with anyone seriously but me.Any advise?? -ladylove

Virgin or not? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi pals Please tell me if we mastrubate once or many times do we lose our virginity? Or we lose our virginity only when we have sex with opposite partner?

Virgin and Not [ 14 Answers ]

Hi to all I just wish to share my problem.. I'm 18 and a virgin my boyfriend isn't a virgin.. I can't understand why its bothering me so much.. I feel he did everything with someone else already. I even though of asking if he as always used a condom but I think it might not be that suitable to...

I'm virgin too. [ 20 Answers ]

Hello evrbdy.Im 20 and virgin ,I hate this fact.probably the problem is that smtimes Im shy with girls .to kick away my shyness I've started to smoke hashish,do you think it will help me.if you have any better idea help me

View more questions Search