Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imax Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2005, 03:46 PM
    Question about my relationship? We are just friends.But..
    Hi

I need some advice, I am hanging out with this girl who is 16 and I am 17 and we wrap our arms around each other and sort of act as if we are going out. But we are just friends and I was wondering if its normal for a guy and girl friend to hold hands and hold each other and hug? I mean I do like her no doubt about it . I mean she sticks up for me she walks me to the bus and everything that I would want someone to do for me. One problem is that sometimes there is a long silence between us and I don't know what to do about it. I also feel bad sometimes because we have been just hanging out at the mall lately walking around and talking and I hope she doesn't think I'm a boring guy but I wish I knew. How do I tell?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2005, 12:32 PM
    If she smiles and touches you - your in! Treat her the way your doing it. But, go for the kiss soon - next time your hanging out and you touchy-feely - go for the kiss. Friend is where it starts. But, you definitely have something more then friends.

Make her laugh - and lsiten to her - usually woman are so chatty that it doesn't matter about the silence.

Woman don't always have to be entertained by a whity guy.

1. Ask her about her day
    2. Ask her about her family
    3. School
    4. What college she plans to go to
    5. About her friends
    6. Latest movies

Apr 13, 2005, 03:14 PM
    Great thanks. She told me she wants to be boyfriend and girlfriend further down the road how long should I give it wild ? And what should I do until then just keep doing what Im doing ?
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2005, 09:17 PM
    That's perfect - don't sweat it. For the first couple months, most woman just want to be friends anyway. Don't worry about it and just enjoy her.

DON'T spen all your time with her. Don't chase her away. Have other activities.

Try for that first kiss.
    sweety Posts: 77, Reputation: -1

Apr 15, 2005, 05:54 PM
    Its good for you that she likes you too. Give her time and be and act normal as you were doing before she told you this, let time decide what happens next.

Apr 15, 2005, 08:47 PM
    Re:
    Sometimes I wonder if she is playing me or not. She says she we are friends but yet we hold each other and we are deffinately not boyfriend and girlfriend. But I ask her if friends hold each other and she says they don't. So then what are we close friends or in between. It just seems like she doesn't know what we are. What should I think because I am confused about the whole thing too.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2005, 10:03 AM
    You're doing fine. Don't rush it. Play her a little bit. Don't ask for clarification anymore - you might chase her away.

Apr 17, 2005, 05:24 PM
    Re:
    Ok thanks! I just wish me and her talked more . She is so shy and sometimes I don't know how she feels about me. I mean we hold each other and she wraps her arms around me but is this really a sign that can tell if she likes me or do I need something more ? :(
    LostLoveWithoutACause Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2005, 06:13 AM
    Wold she be hanging around with you in the first place if you were a boring person? I mean, are you being yourself around her or are you acting quite because you don't know what to say to her in fear that you will look silly in front of her? Instead of hanging around at the mall, suggest you do sumfin els like a movie or a piizza or a walk in some kind of park? You never know, maybe she's being silent because she wants to tell you she likes you more than a mate?any way good luck mate!

Apr 19, 2005, 03:10 PM
    Re:
    We have walked around parks too. And one thing is she likes me to hold her but yet Im still confused . Your right though she probably wouldn't hang out with me if she thought I was boring. As for how I act. I act like myself and sometime I'm quiet and so is she we are both shy and sometimes I don't know what to say :(. Sometimes since she is so quiet I wonder if she likes me or not. What do you think ? Do you think she likes me a lot because like I said she likes it when I hold her or is that a normal for a girl to want from her guy friend ?

Message me back!
    LostLoveWithoutACause Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2005, 03:29 AM
    Hey there
    Well, it sounds like she likes you, and as for the thing about like being held by you, that shows a sign of trust and security and that is one of the ways you can tell a girl likes you. Take this from my point of view, me being a girl, if you want to know definatley whether she likes you, casually ask her when your "close and holding her" how she feels about you and whether she's this comfortable with anybody else. If she says no, and you got the bottle, ask her upfront whether she wants anything more to come out of your "friendship" if she says no, then leave it. If she replies by saying don't know, then leave it for a bit as if you wre trying to think of what to say. If she says yes, well, you react how you want! Let us no how it goes, good luck xxxxx
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2005, 08:00 AM
    Dude - you're doing fine - take it SLOW - youngsters don't understand this - if you like her - take it one day at a time. AND under NO circumstances ask about your relationship with her - NO QUESTIONS!

Just keep doing gwhat you're doing this will evolve.
    walg9e Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2007, 10:53 PM
    She told you that she likes you. She wouldn't want you touching her period if she didn't. So do as she asked. She told you that sometime down the line, she wants to be your g/f. So just take it day by day and she will let you know. Even if she is shy, she'll find a way to let you know. But if more than 3 months goes by, just tell her how you feel. Write it in a letter if you are too shy to tell her in person. You have to tell her you want to be more than friends and that you hope that she won't get a b/f while she is holding your hand and you're holding her. That would be the pits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More than friends [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my friend for more than 6 months now. I've known him for over a year. We have a special relationship, you could say that we are basically "fuck-buddies". We end up having sex at least once a week and we've arranged it that way. We've never actually sat down and talked about it, it...

I'm looking for new friends... [ 6 Answers ]

Good day! I'm a 28 year old filipina who loves to read and act. Born on Dec 24, 1977. I'm a Capricorn.I know how to cook and bake. I read sci-fi, astrology and witchcraft books.I love to write. In fact I'm a part of our newsletter committee in our office. Loves surfing the net.I also love...

Is it always right to be friends with your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi there... this is my first and maybe my last post here... I was redirected to this site from a website called www.hell.com quite funny that that site was recommended to me by my ex... who by chance happens to still be one of my closest and must trustworthy friends... at the hell.com website you...

View more questions Search