Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hendersonfamily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 11:55 PM
    Help with my contract
    I have recently listed my property with a real estate agency. Already calls have gone unanswered or returned and we seem to be doing all the work! How do I get out of my six month contract?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Dec 21, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hendersonfamily
    I have recently listed my property with a real estate agency. Already calls have gone unanswered or returned and we seem to be doing all the work!! how do I get out of my six month contract?
    You need to have a discussion with your agent. You should have gotten an idea of the marketing efforts PRIOR to signing your listings.

Is your house in the local MLS?
    Are there ads in your local print media?
    Is there a sign in your yard?

Calls should be coming to you to arrange for viewings or the MLS listing should indicate who other Realtors can view the home - call you, use lockbox, etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 21, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Unless the contract calls for a specific level of activity, then its unlikely you can get out of the contract.
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 23, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hendersonfamily
    I have recently listed my property with a real estate agency. Already calls have gone unanswered or returned and we seem to be doing all the work!! how do I get out of my six month contract?
    If you have proof that she is not doing her job, witnesses are needed, does the contract specify some advertising, if she hasn't done that , that is breach of contract. You can fire her. Most contracts have a descriptive assignment on the duties of a real estate agent. Fire her and tell her company(the owner) about her lack of duties but have proof. Get a different agent from the same company that is willing to work. Most companies will get rid of someone or not give assignments to for lack of work ethics. They are consideredd independent contractors - self employed. She would have to take you to court and that takes time and money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writted Contract [ 1 Answers ]

Do signatures of both parties have to be on a written contract to make it valid?

Contract for deed [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am a seller who signed a contract for deed with the buyer about 18 months ago. This was his idea and also he prepared the form and all the requirements for it. I never knew such thing as contract for deed till he mentioned it. We also added in that contract for re-financing after 12...

Contract for Deed again [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand. We own 20 acres. There is another 20 acres next to us that our neighbor wants to sell. They are asking way more than the value. So we did some research and found out that it is a contract for deed. We contacted who the deed is with and he said he will sell the property to us...

Contract [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my spouse are separated and he has the vehicle but it is in my name we are still making payments. Is it a way to have the contract put in his name?

View more questions Search