Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstrickland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Furnace won't shut off/blower won't shut off?
    We have a gas furnace that is acting up. When you turn it on, the heat just keeps running. If I flip the switch on the thermostat to off, the heat turns off, but the fan stays on until I shut the system off entirely. We replaced the thermostat earlier this year because the a/c was doing the same thing, and that seemed to have solved the problem. The first night we ran the furnace we didn't have this issue, but it started within about 12 hours and has continued ever since. The a/c still works perfectly, and the thermostat still clicks and turns off the "heat" icon when the correct temperature is reached, but the furnace doesn't respond. If at all possible, we'd really like to be able to fix this ourselves, if anyone has any idea what it could be?

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

The furnace blower won't shut off, no heat just cold air... The only way to shut it off was to turn off the central air breaker. What could cause this?

Furnace blower will not shut off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a very old furnace that heats up fine but the blower will not shut off. I called out a repair person about a year ago and he said that he has never seen a gas furnace as old as mine. He ruled out the thermostat, but did not give me any more info. He was too busy trying to sell me a new one,...

Furnace Blower won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Heil heat/air gas pack(forced air) unit. It's about 20 years old, but it's been a great one. When all the thermostats are off but the blower on the furnace has kiked on and won't go off in the attic since it has become extremely hot, everything works fine both heating and ac. What do you...

Furnace blower will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Rheem Model RGUC-115A Serial An-3D102-F4081-0792

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.