Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biggunz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 10:48 AM
    How do I repair my shut off nozzle it broke at the neck of the shut off connector?
    I was replacing my washer with a new one. While trying to disconnect the water hose it broke at the neck . Which was a PVC pipe I had to find something to clog the pipe to stop the water from going every where.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 08:04 PM
    I assume that you are replacing your clothes washer and while removing the washer hose you broke the valve off the PVC water line.

If that is correct the piping is probably CPVC not PVC, makes a difference.
    Get a short length of CPVC piping, probably 1/2" diameter, a threaded adapter, a coupling and CPVC glue. Remove the broken piping from the valve by unscrewing. Cut off the piping (in the wall) at a convenient place to make the end square.
    Glue the threaded adapter onto the short length of CPVC you purchased. Screw that asembly onto the valve. Measure the distance from where you cut the piping (in the wall) to where the valve needs to sit. Cut the piping you just screwed into the valve to that measurement. Put valve in place and glue the two pipes together using the coupling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My delta univcersal trim kit doesn't,t shut off ,how do I install it to shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a delta universal trim kit#10003/10004and the knob will not shut off the water. Is there a way that I have to position the guts inside the wall?

Handle broke off on shut-off valve under sink [ 5 Answers ]

Tried to turn off valve and handle (made of plastic) broke off. The thing that the handle turns is surrounded by a large nut, which I guess I could take off. I'm wondering if one can replace the handle, or whether it will be necessary to replace the whole valve. Looks like the valve goes on to...

Leaking Shut off Valve-How do I repair it? [ 2 Answers ]

Went to fix a leaking sink in my bathroom. Turn off the water shut off valve in the basement when I went to turn the water back on (fix the leaky sink)the shut off valve will not stop leaking. How do I repair it?:confused:

Shut Off Valve Replacement Broke [ 15 Answers ]

I need to replace the hot water shut off valve under the sink that has the valve knob broke off. The two attached pictures show the valve. Can someone identify the type of valve I need for a replacement and the steps and equipment required. Thanks

Toilet Shut off Valve Broke off! [ 2 Answers ]

I dropped my hairdryer and it hit the toilet shut off valve. The oval shapped valve broke off - it looked like it was connected by plastic and some putty - probably some patch up job from the previous homeowner. Is it easy to replace just the knob?

View more questions Search