Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bikingmary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Foul smell
    Help!!
    When I turn on the airconditioning my whole house smells like cat urine. And yes I do have cats,but this has only started about 1 month ago,and I have had the cats for 10 years
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Sounds like you have dirty sock syndrome. That means that bacteria/mold and other nasty stuff is growing on you evaporator coil inside your house. If you have access to or know how to access the coil you can clean it with coil cleaner or 409/fantastic cleaners. The biggest thing is to make sure to kill the stuff then rinse the coil to flush the pan out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foul smell in front entrance to home-onion smell [ 6 Answers ]

A really weird smell, like rotten onions, quite embarrassing because my home is kept spotless everyone comments on the smell right when they walk into the house. There is a shower stall in a bedroom above this entrance but we have snaked it and poured drain cleansers down it and also stopped using...

Foul Smell [ 11 Answers ]

I've owned my house for about 7 years now. The house is about 22 years old. Recently I ve had black particles coming out of the toilet when flushed and also, at times I smell a sewer smell coming out of my kitchen sink. The smell only stays for a couple of seconds. Can anyone tell me what I should...

Exceptionally foul smell in bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

We recently noticed a foul smell coming from our bathroom. The smell is not skunky or mildewy it actually smells like excuse my French.. crap. We actually thought it was from our neighbor upstairs after he used his bathroom. After the neighbor being gone for 2 weeks on vaca we realized it could ...

Foul smell from sump pump [ 4 Answers ]

We have a smell coming from our sump pump but only when it rains, which causes Flooding around our house. The smell goes through out the whole house. I don't know What can be done about this. Is there some type of hood for the sump pump? We have 2 sump pump holes. The one runs about every 2min...

Foul smell in kitchen drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a problem with a very bad odor in my kitchen sink drain since the weather got warm. My home is new and is a manufactured home in a park. I have used gel drain openers followed by boiling water and when that did not work I used a box of baking soda, 1cup of salt and 1 cup of vinegar, let...

View more questions Search