Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnyd Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Cutters edge chain saw
    I have a cutters edge(jonsered) chain saw used in the fire service, it will not start, very weak spark, most of the time no spark. I replaced the module and the spark is the same very weak. Is there a coil or a set of points under the flywheel. Any and ALL help is appreciated. Thanks, Jim:confused: :confused:
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 4, 2007, 10:59 PM
    The electronic modules on these rarely fail, and two failures would be rare. You may want to call a jonsereds dealer and have them check on an 670, two piece electronic ignitions have not been around in a long time.

How are you checking for spark? Does it have spark when it is cold? Sometimes when you have a air leak and the saw runs lean it will generate high temps and cause a failure. This would destroy the saw eventually.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceramic tile finish edge next to sliding door metal frame [ 1 Answers ]

How do you finish the edge of ceramic tile next to edge of metal frame sliding door? Do you butt the edge of tile to edge strip or leave 1/4 inch gap for grout? William rossbach

Looking for a good set of tubing cutters [ 1 Answers ]

Hi folks, I'm looking for a good set of tubing cutters - a regular-sized one for standard pipe cutting (mostly 1/2", but sometimes all the way up to 1-1/4") and also occaisionally for cutting electrical conduit (1/2" EMT), and a "midget" cutter for cutting narrow tubing and (more importantly)...

View more questions Search