Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlanaKay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 06:33 AM
    1 Positive Pregnancy test, 3 Neg Pregnancy tests, and 2 weeks late
    I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late.

I did some research and saw that I may have had a chemical pregnancy but with that comes a period, in most cases. I am just looking for some kind of clarity to get me through the next couple of weeks.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Go to planned parenthood or somewhere like that and be tested. No wait for an appointment. Or call and ask to talk to your doctor's nurse. Tell her what's going on and ask her if you can come in and be tested.
    NJhelpwanted Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
    My friend was pregnant and showing and the HPT showed negative until her 6th month. Go for the blood test to be positive.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Aug 18, 2009, 09:37 PM

Well... there's no such thing as a false positive. The test can't read hormones that aren't there. So, you either by chance took 3 tests that gave you false negatives, unlikely... or you had a miscarriage.
    babydreams11806 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Hey I'm going through the same thing I took 2 positive test about 10 hours from each other the second so much darker than the first the next morning I'm excited and get up to use fmu and test with a digital and it was negative so I used 3 other line test and those were negative as well its been 5 days since the first negative and still no spotting or bleeding of any kind and my symptoms are still intensifying so if you find any answeres let me know!! And yes I came up with a possible chemical too but most of those bleed by now? So I don't know
    Chickagirlgabby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 12:48 AM
    If u get a positive then your pregnant, a lot of people get false negatives.
    daniielle21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 07:22 AM
    I am the same tested 4 days before a period got a strong positive then had about 5negatives now my period is two days late its so confusion and emotionally draining I went from being on cloud nine to a huge disappointment still not knowing why I had the positive
    incubusgirl7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Get a blood test. Then you will know for sure.
    Merrida Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Go to your doctor and tell them what you told us. They can run a blood test to find out for sure.
    hisbaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 08:19 AM
    I took a pregnancy test Sunday morning and it showed up yes but I took 3 more yesterday afternoon and they all showed up positive so which one do I go by?
    hisbaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 08:20 AM
    I meant they all showed up negative
    kerwiller Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 AM
    If you need a quick and affordable way to get the blood test, the quantitative hcg test will answer your concerns for sure, go to Lab Tests Online | Anonymous STD Testing from Request A Test and you can order one for $39. Then you just print the lab work and go in for the test. I got my results the next day and it helped in my situation. I was under different circumstances, but based on what you are saying, I would get the blood test so that you know for sure what is going on.
    Milly0716 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hisbaby View Post
    i took a pregnancy test sunday morning and it showed up yes but i took 3 more yesterday afternoon and they all showed up positive so which one do i go by?
    They are all positive!!
    Isaiahsmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 09:09 AM
    The same is happening with me I took a hpt at night and got a faint positive the next morning I was sure it was going to be positive since it was positive the night before but it was a negative I still haven't gotten my period and I am now more than 3 weeks late and I have sickness when I smell certain smells increased appitite soreness in my brests and I feel like I could sleep forever but still no positive since 3 weeks ago at night... needless to say I'm making an appt with my doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative pregnant test at 6 weeks [ 2 Answers ]

Its been 6 weeks since my lmp and I'm still getting a negative pregnancy result. I've used everything from digital to regular. Could I still be pregnant? I'm already 2 weeks late on my period and this has never happened before. I'm 28 and my fiancé and I hve been trying to get pregnant. Please...

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Trying to conceive using clomid. What chances it false positive on home pregnant test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now and today got my first ever positive test. On the test box though it says that sometimes clomid (fertility drug) can give a false positive. I generally have very long cycles and took clomid at the start of my cycle which was 45 days ago. I can't get...

Cousin very late and negative pregnant test ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm asking a question to help my cousin she had her last period on Sept 16 2007 and still no period and about 5 pregnancy test negative including one blood test on November 1. Now the thing his the only time something happened was the 21 oct 2007 when the condom broke so idont know if someone...

11 days late, 2 negative. Pregnant. Tests! [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Help! I'm so confused! I am 11 days late, and have had 2 pregnancy tests, which both came out Negative. I have light cramping (which I had with my daughter) I have light vag. Discharge Moody as ever, Just no period, and a negative test. Is is still possible? Anyone else...

View more questions Search