Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 03:05 PM
    Horizontal ruler word 13 inches in Word 2004?
    I'm using Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac and just started having troubles with the horizontal ruler showing 13 inches even though the page set up is set at portrait and letter size. I've tried shutting down & restarting, changing margins on the document, making sure that the track changes isn't on. Help. (Please)
    Puppyface Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 02:14 AM
    Well, I'm pretty sure you've probably already tried these things, but did you go into the Document Setup > Display and make sure that the display units are in inches? Also check under Page Setup and make sure that your Letter size is actually 11x8.5".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word 2003 Horizontal Line Bug [ 11 Answers ]

I just cannot remove this horizontal line which word 2003 has inserted in my document. I also can't seem to highlight it. I have switched off auto format as you type 'border lines' but it doesn't make any difference. I have also tried highlighting it (though it never seems to be selectable) and...

Word 2003 Horizontal Ruler Malfunction [ 2 Answers ]

One document seems to have become corrupted. Under "page setup" I have chosen Letter, and it's set to 8.5 x 11 inches. Top & Bottom = 1", L & R = 1.25" However, the horizontal ruler on top of the page starts at the left-hand corner, but it ends before it gets to the right-hand corner. It is...

Word 2004 indent and bullets operate on whole document [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, When I indent a paragraph, all the paragraphs in the document become indented. Same for bullets. When I hit Undo once, all the paragraphs EXCEPT the one I wanted to format, go back to what they were before. So this is how I have to indent, bullet, etc. single paragraphs - it takes an Undo...

Horizontal ruler and text in wrong direction [ 2 Answers ]

The horizontal ruler in MS-WORD (MS-OFFICE 2003) is displaying the ruler the wrong way i.e the 1" figure starts on right-hand side and ends up at 14" on the left-hand side. Similarly the cursor positions itself on the RHS and accepts text input from right to left instead of the other way around. ...

Horizontal Line in MS Word 2000 [ 13 Answers ]

How can I remove the Horizontal Line that goes completely across the page? How can I prevent it from happening again? I think there is something about holding down a key and pressing the "=" three times, but I cannot remember. Thanks.

View more questions Search