Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keywestsigns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Garage door wiil close but not open
    Our garage door challenger photo sense model p1534 will close with switch but will not open what's wrong?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 04:46 PM
    It is likely that one or both of your springs is broken. Have you inspected the springs to insure they both apply tension to the door?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Has the lock button been pushed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door open indicator [ 4 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house with an attached garage. It’s been nice weather so we have been leaving the door open. However we have forgotten to close it when we go to bed at night. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood. We should just check to see if its closed each night but I thought...

Garage Door will not close [ 4 Answers ]

When I press the wall switch, the garage door will move forward a few inches and then stop. If I hit the switch again it will reverse back to the starting position. If I keep doing this a few times it will eventually close all the way. But then when I open it up again it will start doing the same...

Garage door does not close [ 3 Answers ]

The door moves down a few inches and stops. If I pull it manually and press the remote it does close. There is no problem opening it with the remote. The sensors are aligned. Thanks

Garage Door won't open fully [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lift master garage door opener. It works fine on the downward trip but on the upward trip the door stops approx 1 foot off the ground. I can put my finger under the door and lift it while it is in motion and it will complete the upward trip without interuption. Little pressure is being...

View more questions Search