Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2006, 10:32 PM
    Cant find float switch for ac unit
    I need a float switch for emergency turn off if the water(the water is ccndensation) backs up in the ac. I don't need a pump. I have a line running from the ac going into the sewage line for drainage but house inspector told me to get an emgergency turn off switch- he called it a float switch. I looked at Lowe's building supply and they onlly have pumps and looked at marvins building supply and they have floats for pumps only. Is there a place I can get one for a drain pan assembly.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2006, 09:36 AM
    May have to hit a professional HVAC supply or maybe an electrical supply. What you are going to find at Lowe's will be large ones meant for a sump pump. Might even be able to make one out of a micro switch with a long arm from Radio Shack and a chunk of foam. Just make sure the switch if mounted high enough it won't short out if it fails.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3-way switch as transfer switch? [ 47 Answers ]

Why are transfer switches so expensive? What's wrong with Using a 3-way switch for each circuit that I want to connect To my generator?

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search