Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 29, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Traffic ticket in IL
    Guity as sin and I know it but this is my first speeding ticket in 40 years. How does one go about getting court supervision in Illinois? I know you still pay the fine but do you go to court and plead guilty and ask for supervision or what?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 03:24 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by supervision?

I think you may be referring to something like taking a defensive driving class to avoid the points off your license and the insurance company finding out?

If your county offers that, it is usually explained on the reverse side of the ticket.

I know where I live, the police will even tell you about that option as they give you the ticket. Last time I took this option, the class was 8 hours long, 4 hours on two days in a row, and cost about $105.00 more than just paying the fine would have.

The savings off what my insurance would or could have gone up was well worth the extra 8 hours of boring class work, and the extra $105.00

May 29, 2008, 03:27 PM
    The last ticket, 40 years ago was my first ticket. I had heard about court supervision and asked for it. You paid the fine, and kept your record clean for a year and you are OK, no record of the ticket. No classes or anything else but I guess things may have changed in the last 40 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 03:40 PM
    No idea of what you mean supervision, you don't get probation for a speeding ticket unless you can't pay the fine.

There are programs that allow you to take a driving school and pay court costs, but you should speak to the clerk of the court first to see if your ticket can meet those requirements.

Since lets say in Atlanta for example, before court, the clerk comes in and says who is going to plead guilty, everyone goint to plead guilty is just taken to the back and pay their fines, they don't even actually see a judge. So normally the agreements are done prior to court

May 29, 2008, 03:56 PM
    I just surfed around the net and there is court supervision for traffic offenses in Illinois. Must be under 15 mph over the limit and nothing like passing a stopped school bus or speeding in a work zone, stuff like that. Just have not found the mechanics of how or when to request supervision. I will try calling the circuit court clerk tomorrow. Thanks, Bob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Traffic ticket out of state [ 3 Answers ]

I am a resident of IL and recently received a ticket in GA. I wanted to know if I can take a defensive driving class up here in IL to keep the ticket off my record. Can anyone help me on that?

Traffic ticket [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I need advice on how to write a letter requesting discovery due to a traffic accident. I was the only one involved and court is coming up in 2 weeks. I just need to know how to word it. Any advice?

Non traffic ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I rented a car and I got a ticket... the problem is I was not able to pay the ticket and now its way past due.. I was informed that dmv will send letter to the rental company and the rental company will charge this ticket from the credit card that I used and if it declined then they will send the...

Traffic Ticket [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,this question involves getting a speeding ticket,and when the officer drove off he did not ask me to sign the ticket,is this ticket a vaiid ticket now,as I have the green copy with out my signauteur on,so there will not be a signature on the white copy,I live in the state of Washington,thank,s

View more questions Search