Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conceredmom83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 04:04 PM
    I just want him out of our lives!
    I was with my kids dad for 6yrs then we split. He cheated and I started dating a women. He went crazy for a while. Then I decided to move to A.z because the cost of living is more affordable then Cali. And I was tried of livving with people my boys needed a place of their own now we have our own place us four. Their dad has never helped so I don't allow him to see them. I did let him know when we moved over here and he was fine. Now he wants to sign his rights so I can't get childsupport which is fine I don't care I just want him out of our lives he's verbally abusive and my boys are happy they don't ask about him or anything. Did I do something
    Wrong?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Sorry as you can read in 1000's of posts over the years, Almost no state will allow him to sign over his rights just to get out of paying child support.
    He may be allowed to sign over his rights ( allowed in a few states) but almost none of them will stop his legal obligation of child support.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 03:20 PM
    On your question of did I do something wrong. If what you said is true then yes you did something really wrong.
    " quote : Their dad has never helped so I don't allow him to see them. " ( end quote )

That is VERY wrong. Child support and visitation are separate issues and something like that is not only morally wrong its illegal. If you don't have orders of support in your current situation then you need to get them. The fact that you don't want him in your life is something your stuck with forever because you have created children with him. Most parents don't cut off involvement with their children at 18. It continues throughout your lifetime.
    MissCherry2007 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by conceredmom83
    I was with my kids dad for 6yrs then we split. He cheated and I started dating a women. He went crazy for a while. Then I decided to move to A.z because the cost of living is more affordable then Cali. And I was tried of livving with people my boys needed a place of their own now we have our own place us four. Their dad has never helped so I don't allow him to see them. I did let him know when we moved over here and he was fine. Now he wants to sign his rights so I can't get childsupport which is fine I don't care I just want him out of our lives he's verbally abusive and my boys are happy they don't ask about him or anything. Did I do something
    wrong?
    The boys maybe acting happy and they may not tell you they think about their father or miss him, they may be afraid to take sides, takeing a parent away from children UNLESS proven UNSAFE (AND NO PPL Don't CHANGE, TIRED OF THAT EXCUSE) is not healthly for the children, later in life, they will need him or her, and they will have so many years left out and they won't be able to make the biological bond any longer. And then they will rebel against you. Because YOU took their parent away, rather he is verbal abusive I call that tough love, and YOU Chose him to make babies with, you lay in your bed you make it honey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Boyfriend lives in a different continent [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend lives in a different continent than me (he lives in Venezuela, I live in the U.S.) we met online, which, I know, your probably thinking that he's really some 40 year old pedophile who lives with his mom and gets his kicks out of fooling around with teenage girls, but I talk with Willy...

Claiming a grandchild that lives with you or does father that lives elsewhere? [ 6 Answers ]

My 18 year old daughter lives with me full time, is full time high school student, has had a baby 12/5/07 and the baby also lives with me. I do claim my daughter as a dependent. The baby is covered by his fathers insurance. Who claims the baby as a dependent on their taxes, the father or myself?

I want to get married to some one that lives in greece [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get married to someone in Greece he's a visitor. I am a US citizen how long will it take him to get to the USA? What paper work will I need to get him here? He is a Iraqi citizen I believe I am not sure but is living in Greece.

Looking for someone who lives in Greece [ 3 Answers ]

If there is anyone one on this board that lives in Greece that can help me I would appreciate it. The person I am looking for is male from Kalamata. Last I heard is that he moved to an Island in Greece. He was part of O.Y.K (Hellenic Navy) in the early 90"s His name is George Drolias Send...

So this is how the other half lives? [ 1 Answers ]

Well thanks to Tom's link I've discovered this site and it appears more mature, interesting, and alive. After I figure out how to navigate the boards I'll try and contribute my moderate views when possible. I'm juggling a busy schedule between work and the wife's pregnancy. I just want to give a...

View more questions Search