Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apuntambekar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 04:05 AM
    Regarding change of status from H4 to H1B visa
    Hello,

This is Aditi Puntambekar from India. I had a question and namely that, my husband will be on H1B visa in US and I will be joining him on H4 visa. I am a professional German translator and interpreter. I wanted to know whether there are opportunities for my profile and after how many days can I change the visa status. Moreover, what is the procedure for the same.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Aditi Puntambekar
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
    It is not as easy as it used to be to find a sponsor for H1B, and spouses are finding it more difficult to obtain work under an H1B. You need to be careful to not accept work for a company that will not have "direct control" of your work product. In other words, you are treated more like an Independent Contractor.

You want to look for larger companies that have an office and direct control over you which are willing to sponsor your H1B.

Reference:... Impact of new H1B Rules...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT status change to H1-B visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi At the moment I am working in a company with my OPT, my OPT is going to expire shortly and I was wondering if there is a way that my employer could apply to extend my working permit. Also, they told that what I need is to fill out my I-9 and Work verification but I really don't know what is...

F1 Visa Status to H1B Visa Status [ 0 Answers ]

I am student doing my Masters. I intend starting my OPT from October 1, 2007. An employer has agreed to file H1B for me after April 1, 2008. I guess my H1B Visa will be approved some time in June/July 2008. I want to know when will my status be changed from F1 to H1B. Will it be effective from the...

Change of visa status [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change visit visa to a student visa after entering US

View more questions Search