Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kate1980 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Foster records
    Hi I am trying to help a friend out at the momment. She was fostered when she was younger and has no answers of why. She was fostered for 2yrs then went back to her biological mother. How could we get hold of her records to find out why she was put there. Thank you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 04:12 PM
    It could be a number of reasons. She has no way of asking any family members?
    Somebody could have said the house was filthy, she had no food, OR any number of things and she had to meet whatever conditions to get her back.
    I am not sure how to go about getting the records. You would have to go through family court. It is probably more trouble than it is worth.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Her bio mother will know, just ask her or another family member.
    kate1980 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Foster records
    Bio mum has been asked about situation and won't approach it doubt very much she was taken away for 2 years for a dirty house.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 06:54 PM
    It could have been a number of things and she complied and got your friend back.
    I was using a dirty house as one example. I am sure it was either a combination of things or else it was something serious.

Since she will not talk it could have been a boyfriend or the dad threatening or something.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Feb 23, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kate1980
    Hi i am tryin to help a friend out at the momment. She was fostered when she was younger and has no answers of why. she was fostered for 2yrs then went back to her biological mother. How could we get hold of her records to find out why she was put there. Thank you.
    You can try contacting the foster care agency and ask them if you can have access to your records. Unfortunately, sometimes even as adults we are not privy to this information about ourselves when we were children. I guess it's a civil rights issue?
    keen96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Did you ever find an answer to this question? I am trying to track my own foster history (very similar situation to the friend in your post), and anything that helped you along the way would surely help me!

Please let me know if you found out anything!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster kids [ 4 Answers ]

My brother and his wife are foster parents to two little girls 5 and 9. Origionally he wanted to adopt them, the problem is both girls are out of control and they lie and break everything and tear wallpaper down and now my nephew is starting to act like them. We all have become attached to these...

Previous foster child. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if there's any financal help for me. I'm 20 now and use to be in the foster system. My foster paurents never let me participate in the functions that they had for us when we were kids through the state. I'm having trouble paying for rent and everyday things. Is there any grants...

Get relative out of foster care [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse sister had a baby that test positive for drugs. The department of family and children service call us from the hospital to see if we could take the baby. We said yes so they sent someone to our home to drug screen us which we were aware of. Well every one pass except my spouse so the...

View more questions Search