Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhendric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 06:28 PM
    20 vs 30 yr retirement pension
    Currently, our department has a 50% at 20 yrs, 60% at 30 yrs government pension with a 8.5% contribution. Our union just turned down a 50% at 20yrs, earning 2% each year thereafter to a maximum of 70% at 30 yrs. To get this, we were asked to pay an additional .5% (total 9%). Were they crazy for turning this down?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mhendric
    Were they crazy for turning this down?

Yes they were.

It's called negotiation. They turned it down in the hopes of getting a better offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much Savings for Retirement [ 4 Answers ]

A friend is planning on retiring by 50. She asked me how much money she should have in her retirement account in order to retirement. I gave her two scenarios: (1) with a retirement pension and (2) with no pension. So, if she has a pension, I told her she needed enough in her retirement...

Retirement because of Disability [ 5 Answers ]

I have worked for this company for 30yrs & have been on permanent disability for the last 2 yrs. I called today to respectfully tell them I will not be returning due to permanent disability. I have spoken with our long term disability provider & they said I must contact the company. I have told...

Retirement Account [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Before April 15th, I want to invest into an retirement account. I don't know if I should open a Roth IRA account or the new proposed Lifetime Savings Account(LSA) by president Bush. Can you please list the pros and cons of both accounts. Would I be able to withdraw from the...

View more questions Search