Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shesforme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 04:11 AM
    Has anyone ever had a military relationship breakup?
    My girlfriend is being deployed at the end of January for Iraq. She broke up with me a month ago saying "I lost feelings for you because of my training for Iraq." I know there might be other reasons but reading up on soldiers and their deployments many soldiers do break things off when they really don't want to. I'm getting calls and text messages and can sense care and sadness in her voice. I did a lot of sole searching and I want her to be my last girlfriend. I know to be supportive and comforting in a time like this, which I am doing. I also am giving her space which she needs to sort through her feelings and emotions. My world is just spinning out of control and she really doesn't know how much this breakup and deployment is wrecking havoc on me.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Dec 2, 2008, 04:42 AM

You should have known what you were getting yourself into man. Life in the armed service is hard. Espicially so on relationships. There is a lot of moving around and in some cases a chance she will never come back anyway.

You just have to accept it and move on with your life bud. Don't wait around for her just continue living with your chin up and if things work out when she gets back then good for you. But if not be prepared for that as well to make sure you don't fall down again. Just send her off with good memories and a positive attitude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship Breakup Help [ 123 Answers ]

Hi, Just need a little advice please... My relationship with my fiancé has ended after 3 years a couple of months ago. I will start from the beginning. I met her when I was 23, she was 17, I did not know if it would work to start with as she wanted to finish it after 4 weeks of dating. She...

How to handle an 7 year relationship breakup [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is luis and I just recently had a devastating breakup with my girlfriend for 7 years. We both started going out on September 19 of 2001 just after I got here in the u.s. from the philippines. We were both in high school. For that 7 years, we never got separated. We were together...

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

Relationship breakup [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend of almost 5 years just broke up with me.. without any explanation... how am I supposed to get over him or get him back if at all possible?? Please help I love him more than anything in this world!!

View more questions Search