Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanessa02 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Is this a gift from god?
    Hi, I am vanessa and I am 17 years old, since I was a child I used to have dreams before something happens, when I go to church I used to dream fighting with demons, now sometimes when I see some people I look at them like nobody's business and after years or months I discover something very bad about that person or something happens with that person yesterday a prophet told me that god gave me a gift of seeing the future but something is closing it and I need to pray a lot, can someone help me please.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 07:50 PM
    I have no idea what looking at people like "nobody's business" means.

What exactly do you need help with?

Who is the Prophet and where did you meet him?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 14, 2013, 08:16 PM
    I'm with Judy... the majority of what you wrote made very little sense. I know what you're getting at... but only because I spend so much of my time studying about these situations.

Does God use dreams and visions to communicate with us or use us for a divine purpose? YES. Can satan use dreams and visions to communicate with us and use us for his wicked purposes? YES.

Side stepping what you tried to describe, if you believe you are receiving any sort of message or visual of future events, you need to PRAYERFULLY consider its source. Just because you go to church does not make you immune to schemes or attacks from the enemy. That is why it is so important to KNOW THE WORD OF GOD. It's by this word that you can easily discern truth from deceit.

If you are a born again believer I would suggest you consider what your spirit bears witness to.

I also am uncomfortable with the usage of a "gift of seeing the future". God does grant peeks into the future through the Gift of the Word of Wisdom... but the way this "prophet" worded that doesn't sound right to me. And don't be afraid to judge a prophet for what he may or may NOT be... though it's not usually in the ability or discernment of a 17 year old to do. The bible mentions false prophets for a reason... because they exist. By what evidence is he a prophet? Because he said so?

Lastly, but most importantly, what do your parents think... or know... of the situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 08:31 PM
    I agree, I actually understood what you wrote but most people will have no idea. This is the issue, If it is from God, nothing can "block it" God can not be blocked. God can block things for his reason. But he would not block his own gift.

Next who is the Prophet and why do you believe they are one, there are few prophets today, since the requirement of gifts they must work in, is high.

There are gifts, I know people who operate in them, some can tell the "spirit" good or bad, of something, Others have a few dreams that come true ( one saved my life)
    Normally if you have a gift, God will provide the person or people to guide you, and will also confirm it by two or three, ( not one)

Apr 15, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Hi, looking someone like nobody's business means that sometimes when I see people I will look at them a lot and after a while I will discover something bad about that person or something bad will happen with that person. Well the prophet that I went to is actually a pastor, and my parents just tell me to pray have faith and believe in god
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 07:11 AM
    Which religious sect? I find you always looking for the evil in the people to be off putting and more than a little strange. At 17 I doubt you've seen enough of the world to sort out good and evil, good intentions and bad intentions.

I am also concerned that you are so wrapped up in finding the evil in people and your parents tell you to pray and have faith - do they also "read" good and evil in people?

Personally I'm with the other people who have posted. I trust you read what they said.

And, again, if you always look for evil you will find it. I wonder if other people judge you the way you judge them.

Apr 15, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Christianity, I don't look for it, I am just telling what happens to me. Judy I don't think that you understand me.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Well If you are having dreams that are coming true? You know that things will happen before they happen? If that is the case then you can warn people of certain events as a way of protecting them? It is up to you what you do with this. If it was coming from God, I do not think you would be questioning it because then you would know what to do with it.

Apr 15, 2013, 08:10 AM
    So are you trying to say that its not coming from god?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 08:19 AM
    That is not what I said. You are having doubts, and questioning it. I am just saying in my own personal experience and opinion. That you would know the difference whether it was coming from God or not. That you would know what to do with the information and there would be a surety there if it was coming from God. I am not saying either way, but trying to get you to come up with the answer for yourself. Without the influence of me or anybody else.
    I also would have dreams that would be warnings, that would come true, and have warned people about things that were going to happen. Then there are other dreams that I know do not mean a thing. So you need to figure out, for yourself. Are these dreams from God, and if they are, what can you do to let people know, or even if there was a way of preventing something from happening. Are you up for it?
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Vanessa, are you reading what anyone has said? I am asking about a specific sect, not Christianity.

I understand exactly what you are saying. You are questioning whether God has given you the gift of looking intently at people and seeing inherent evil in them, which apparently a Prophet has told you is your mission in life (or something).

I agree with "Canada" - if God is telling you this and it's been confirmed by your parents and a prophet, why are you asking here?

Apr 15, 2013, 06:51 PM
    The thing that strikes me wrong about your initial description is that you said you stare at them (like nobody's business) and you either learn something bad about them or something bad happens to them.

You didn't mention that you knew specifically what was going to happen to them. If God is going to use you for something like that... He's going to give enough detail to warn the individual... not simply give you the heebie jeebies about somebody.

God also isn't in the business of airing people's dirty laundry. For you to find out something bad about the person certainly gives me the feeling that it isn't coming from God.

But, that's just my opinion and you can take that for what it's worth.

Apr 16, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Okay I get it now thank you hy. Yup

Apr 16, 2013, 02:22 PM
    In cases like this where the source of something spiritual is in question, I recommend that you not only prayerfully consider the situation but pray that if it NOT be of God that it be removed in the name of Jesus. Hope that helps for you...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 06:39 PM
    Part of your experience sounds like God but you need to learn to control it for good. Starring at people then something bad happens to them sounds more like voodoo. You may have a gift from God but you need to prayfully use it to the good.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 08:46 PM
    God does not give visions for no reason, and he does not allow you to see evil without there being a reason to warn them, or to help them. Next if the gift is from God, nothing can really block it, if God wants you to have it. And one does not have to look "hard" evil will be easy to see if you are really given that gift.

I would pray that God binds any evil from you, and that if the gift is not his, it be taken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit names meaning gift of God [ 1 Answers ]

Wants to name a female child. Looking for Sanskrit, Hindi, Or Telugu words or names that mean "gift of God"

Being gay is a gift from God. [ 51 Answers ]

Being gay is a gift from God. Being gay is your divine right You are the image and likeness of God just as you are. I was just watching Oprah, and one of the guest, a pastor said to a gay man (on skype) that being gay was a gift from God. Oprah responded "You are the only pastor I've ever...

View more questions Search