Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papah73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 02:41 AM
    Vintage Port
    I have recently inadvertently opened an old bottle of port.
    While it tastes good I am wondering if someone can tell me if it WAS worth anything.
    The bottle was 'Young Sergeant Vintage Port' from MIldura Vineyard Wines 1978

Thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 30, 2012, 05:37 AM
    Very nice.
    Time to get some good cheese to go with it.
    As to value, well it really depends on how well it's been kept and any interesting history.
    From the age alone you would expect to pay a few hundred bucks (Oz), but that's rather a moot point now, so enjoy it..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
    it would have had value before it was opened,

Now it is a good wine to drink I would say it could have been perhapsthe 300 up to 500 at some of the vintage stores,

So hurry, invite a friend over and enjoy Or if in Atlanta, invite me over, I love a good wine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vintage Barbies TM or R [ 0 Answers ]

I always thought Barbies #1-4 had heavy solid bodies and "TM" after her name on her backside. And #5 had hollow bodies with "R" in a circle after her name on her backside. Please help to un-confuse me. I now see vintage Barbies with solid heavy bodies, poodle bangs, and all other TM...

Looking for vintage parts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GM Frigidaire Custom Imperial (model# RCI-75-59) stove. Dual oven with 4 burners. The right side oven baking elements has busted and I need to find an original element or what is selling as a replacement element. I have researched but have not found one yet. Do you know who I could contact...

Several vintage items [ 3 Answers ]

We are hoping to find a good home for several intersting vintage items. Any ideas of good websites for auctions or "collectibles"? Also, part of this estate involves a huge inventory of WWII and later ham radio and electronics equip. Suggestions? Overwhelmed, Semrai

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

View more questions Search