Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larry01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Shower gurgles when toilet is flushed. AAV?
    Host:

Only recently, My shower gurgles when the toilet is flushed. I read your response to a similar question with the response, "Somehow you're not venting the system. Check the AAV to be sure it's working.". I do not however, know what an AAV is (or where it is located), could you expand on this?

Larry01
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Dec 22, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Check this thread... it may answer your question..

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...shed-6821.html
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 22, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Hey Larry,
    You probably don't have a AAV,(Air Admittance Valve) (see image)for a vent. It's more likely you're vented by the lavatory roof vent.. This cold be iced up or be blocked by leaves or a dead critter but I would snake from the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and about 18 feet more. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First floor toilet gurgles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three story house with one toilet on each floor. When we flush the toilet on the second floor the toilet on the first floor gurgles - not all the time. The one in the basement does not gurgle. What could be causing this?

Shower leaks when toilet is flushed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Recently, when I flushed my toilet, the shower will leaks for a duration of time when the toilet tank is filling up. The leaks stop after the tank is filled. It is more severe at night than during day time. Do you know what might be causing it? Thank you. Wyne L.

Bathtub Gurgles and SMELLS when Toilet Flushed [ 2 Answers ]

When the toilet is flushed, the bathtub starts gurgling and the smell from the bathroom is terrible. I used a snake for some time, but it seemed to spin fine, the gurgle is maybe a little quieter, but didn't go away. Help... my house smells! -Eric

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

Tub drain gurgles when toilet flushed [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, the bathtub drain makes a gurgling noise. There is not any water coming into the tub, but is the sign of a future problem?

View more questions Search