Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttyl-miracle Posts: 27, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 17, 2008, 09:43 AM
    I like a guy 2 years older than me.
    Yesh, he's 12 and I'm 10. But many people say that's not a lot, or age doesn't matter, because I sure think it probably does. But I'm thinking about joining the boys and girls club soon, with my friends, so I won't have to be alone to talk to him. You see, I only see him on his scooter outside my bus window, picking up a small blond girl named taley. I dream about him everyday, and lots of people know him and get 2 c him at the boys and girls club, but I'm the only one that can't. Unless I join the boys and girls club and talk to him with my girl friends with me, but it's still intense to have to talk to him. Some say he's a low life piece of crap, but I don't believe that. He also already has a girlfriend :( which is the saddest thing in the world. Her name is jessica... and his name is ryan . He is just so handsome, and I'm turning 11 next month. So tell me, should I go for it, if he too old for me, or too mature? Because I'm very mature in ways, but , answer this question, and don't answer anything derrogatory or negative, because that's very offensive. HELP ME!! :mad:
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 10:14 AM

Nothing wrong with liking people. Nothing wrong with telling them.

The only thing you want to avoid is making a big deal of all this in your head, OK? Just relax and let things be what they are. You'll be fine as long as you keep your cool.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2008, 11:01 AM

Sorry, but I think YOU are too young to have such angst. You are a child and your life should be involved with doing things more appropriate to you age. You should not be worried about boy-girl relationships for a few more years.

If you were ready for such relationships, you should not be pursuing someone who is currently in a relationship.

P.S. Please don't presume to dictate how we choose to answer questions. THAT is offensive. You are free to ignore or disagree with advice you don't like.
    -

Oct 17, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Exqueeze meh?
    How the hell is that offensive, seriously, did you not read what I wrote?
    DO NOT REPLY IF YOU WILL BE NEGATIVE??
    Go back to school.

Oct 17, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ttyl-miracle View Post
    exqueeze meh?
    how the hell is that offensive, seriously, did you not read what i wrote?
    DO NOT REPLY IF YOU WILL BE NEGATIVE???
    go back to school.
    Again, it is offensive for you to dictate how we respond. I understand you are young and may not understand how sites like this work. But what you are essentially doing is saying; I need help, but you have to help me the way I want you to. That is dictating to us how we choose to help and that is offensive.
    Revival Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2008, 03:18 PM

Again scottgem. You're pushing buttons. All she wanted was an opinion, not a lecture. Sound familiar?

ttyl-miracle: I do agree with his point of you being too young though. You're 10 years old. Dating/relationships, at that age is nothing but trouble. Don't be in such a rush to grow up because you only get to be a kid once. Seriously, besides dating isn't everything its cracked up to be.

Oct 17, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival View Post
    Again scottgem. you're pushing buttons. all she wanted was an opinion, not a lecture. sound familiar?
    Read what I said to the OP. You don't dictate how we choose to answer. She opened the issue by trying to do so.
    pink11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 05:55 PM

I don't think age matters as long as he's not like 20 and your 10,but its only 2 years and if your mature then I say go for it!
    And
    I think you should join the boys and girls club
    Get to know him plus your friends can help by being there too and once he gets to know you
    And if you guys have a lot in commen then mabye he'll like you enough to break up with his girlfriend
    :)

Oct 27, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pink11 View Post
    i dont think age matters as long as hes not like 20 and ur 10
    So, in other words you think that age DOES matter and I agree. But the problem here is not the age difference, but that both these children are too young to be thinking about romantic entanglements.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 27, 2008, 07:25 PM

Both parties have good points. She is too young to be thinking about this in any way shape or form. I have heard of kids as young as 12-14 having sex so don't say that it can't happen. With today's media even KIDS are getting it in their head that sex is cool at a young age.

Also joining something like the boys and girls club is harmless and nothing will probably come of it so I say to go for it! Just don't expect too much from it. Just because your close enough to talk to him does not mean that you will get close to him in a personal manner.

GOOD LUCK!
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 07:31 PM

A 2-year difference is nothing, but at 10, you should be playing with Barbies, not dating. Dating is complicated. Playing is fun.

I've been there and I know. :)
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 28, 2008, 02:02 AM

Just the statement "I've been there and I know the truth" is usually not enough. It's more of a self taught lesson. A smart kid would at least keep what we have to say to them in their mind.

Oct 28, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleguyJoe View Post
    Just the statement "I've been there and I know the truth" is usually not enough. It's more of a self taught lesson. A smart kid would at least keep what we have to say to them in their mind.
    Well, I'm not looking to completely change the kid's mind, but is she/he is smart, she/he will get it or at least try to

Oct 28, 2008, 05:41 AM

Comments on this post
    pink11 disagrees: what I'm saying is he's not really a lot older than her like he's not going to pressure her to do things she's not ready to. I think its all right that she likes this boy I mean its just a crush at least for now that she only 10

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

I understood what you were saying, but that was not appropriate use of the comment feature. You have to understand that the statement "age does not matter" is an absolute. If you can think of any situations where age DOES matter then you can't make that statement.

And yes, I'm sure its just a crush, but 10 is still a bit young to be developing such crushes.

Oct 28, 2008, 03:35 PM
    i'm very mature in ways
    ttyl-miracle,

I have two questions for you:
    1- what do you exactly mean by the above quote?
    2- what does "being mature" mean to you?

Explain.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 06:10 PM

I was in love from the age of 5

I was always in love with every pretty girl I saw.

Just remember that he has a girlfriend
    You don't want to be mixing with someone that has girlfriend that will not make you look good.
    You don't want to be known as the other women
    I know he is handsom and everything else

But in the mean time get on with your life
    And who knows what will happen in the futuer

Good luck
    -

Nov 3, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AWess View Post
    A 2-year difference is nothing, but at 10, you should be playing with Barbies, not dating. Dating is complicated. Playing is fun.

I've been there and I know. :)
    Yeah, whatever. I don't play with barbies, in case you don't know, in our age we actually burn them with bonfires in are backyards. Yeah, we're rebels.
    Not trying to ruin your "successful" moment, here.
    I turned 11, by the way. So shut up now.
    -

Nov 3, 2008, 07:08 PM

Hmm, wellm, since your old, I give u OK credit.
    I mean, though we're in modern times now.
    Srry, pace!
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 09:02 PM

So after all this age talk..

What are your plans? Are you going to talk to him?
    Or are you going to leave it alone.. for a bit?
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 3, 2008, 09:12 PM
    yeah, whatever. i don't play with barbies, incase u dont know, in our age we actually burn them with bonfires in r backyards. yeah, we're rebels.
    not trying to ruin your "successful" moment, here.
    i turned 11, btw. so shut up now.
    You obviously aren't as mature as you seem to think you are if you're telling people to "shut up" and being so defensive about every little thing.

And it's not mature to burn Barbies. Nor does that make you any kind of rebel. It's just odd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I date a woman 10 years older than me? [ 12 Answers ]

Well, long story short; I was at a bus stop one day and gave my jacket to this woman because it was cold. I gave her my number and said I'll pick it up some other day. She told me her age. 28 years old, and she has three kids in South America. She also had a wedding ring on, but said she's not...

Will a relationship with a man 24 years older work? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 32 years old and pregnant for my 55 year old boyfriend. We live together. He has a reputation for being unfaithful and I do not trust him. How do I handle this? What should I do?:confused:

Marry older man?just a little older! [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: someone keep telling me that it is good for a girl marries a man who is a little older than her! Cause older man knows more how to take care of others,how to respect others... but for young men,what they care about is themselves only!Is that true?I was thinking about that for many...

Dating a guy 25 years older than me? [ 5 Answers ]

I met him on line and he is attractive and considerate. We have shared a lot of wonderful periods. We live in different cities (actually these two cities are quite far from each other) and he told me that he is going to visit me this weekend. However, yesterday, I happened to find out that he...

If your older sister dies are you now the older sister [ 1 Answers ]

The ? Is if your older sister or brother was to die does that make you the older brother or sister later on in life.

View more questions Search