Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyd Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
    What is this stomach ache I've got?
    Please help. I've got this sharp, stabbing pain in my lower belly which began three days ago and it comes and it goes. I don't think it is anything like appendicitis, as I know that affects the upper abdomen as well, but this is not the case with me, there's no nausea involved, although I started sweating a little, but then it went away. I'm pretty certain its not a urinary tract infection, as I went to the toilet and my urine didn't look cloudy or anything. For the time being, I've been taken ibuprofen and paracetamol, and the pain goes away for a while and then comes back. So what do you think it could be? I've told my Dad about it, but he dismisses the whole thing, saying its just merely a stomach cramp and it'll get better, but I'm wanting to go to the doctor to have it checked out.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
    First - you need to narrow down 'lower belly' better. Your stomach is above your belly button, your abdomen is below, the appendix is on the right, the gall bladder is upper right just under the lower ribs (might hurt in your back instead of front), the ovaries are on each side of the lower abdomen (cyst? Middleschmertz?), fibroids are all around your uterus just above your bladder, and so on.

Second, it just isn't true that appendicitis 'affects the upper abdomen as well.' It has a whole variety of symptoms among people. And the chronic version may not cause nausea and vomiting for months or even years. And one in many thousand people have their appendix on the left! You can't generalize.

Third, you can have a UTI and not be able to 'see' it in your urine, and you can have a UTI that has gone up your ureters and cause pain.

So please tell us exactly where on your torso the pain is... and meanwhile, make an appointment to be examined in person.
    allyd Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 04:19 AM
    Well, I'm no expert on this. It hurts just below the belly button, and sometimes it spreads to my back as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach Ache [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just have a quick question. I randomly got the stomach bug/flu on Christmas Eve and it lasted until early Christmas morning and ever since then my stomach has been feeling funky, randomly hurting and making lots of noises and just not feeling completely normal or comfortable. I know its...

Stomach ache questions [ 2 Answers ]

My 10 year old daughter has a dull ache in her stomach for 1 1/2 days, it comes and goes. She hasn't had a good bm in 2 days, when should I take her to a Dr? The pain is central and has not moved.

Stomach ache [ 4 Answers ]

I have a horible stomach ache right now and am really gassy :p and I was wondering if there's anythinbg that helps. Thanks!

Stomach ache [ 2 Answers ]

I have had pelvic pain for about a week with a late period. I am not sexualy active so there for there is not possibilities of being pregnant! What is wrong with me?

View more questions Search