Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BruJan Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 12:43 PM
    How do you attach more than one item using the scan direct to email feature.
    The CanoScan liDE 60 scanner has a scan direct to email featrure which is fine except only one item can be attached to one email. So if you want to attach three items you have to send three emails. Is there a solution or is this just the way it is with this inexpensive but capable scanner?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 07:37 PM
    What type of files are you trying to send? Doc, tif, pics, etc..?
    BruJan Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Thanks Seahawk,
    Mostly I am attaching word documents to emails although occasionally I might attach a picture. The scan direct to email is handy but it seems like there should be a way to make two attachments to the same email.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
    The easiest way to do this I guess would be to use your email and attach how ever many docs you want to email.

This info is not for your specific scanner but it may help

The 'Scan & Fax' function in COMMUNICATE! DELUXE program will allow you to send single pages. If you need to scan multiple pages, then you will have to break the process into two steps.

Scan images
    Right click on the COMMUNICATE! DELUXE main phone interface. Go into 'File' and then click on 'Scan Image'. This will prompt you for a filename. Type scan2.tif (notice the path where this file is being saved).
    Then go through the scanning procedure.
    Repeat the above scanning process for other documents and give different names for different documents e.g. scan3.tif scan4.tif etc.

Fax
    Once all the pages have been scanned, click on 'Send Fax' button. Click on 'Insert' button for Files-to-send. Find those scanned files (scan2.tif etc.) and add to the Send dialog.
    Hope this help in some way
    Johnny_walts Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Thank you BruJan for posting this declaim.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
    I'm not familiar with your scanner model, but these are typical options for doing what you desire if your scanner supports them:
    1. Automatic document feeder - feeds multiple documents in sequence.
    2. Multi-page TIFF file format - used in conjunction with #1, or alone via a "batch" mode in the scan software to roll up multiple scans into a single file. The recipient would need viewer software that supports multi-page TIFF files.

Otherwise, as mentioned above you can scan multiple individual documents to file and then on the last document, scan to email and attach all the previously scanned files. But, since you are mainly sending Word documents, why are you printing and scanning instead of simply attaching the Word file to an email? If the recipient does not have Word for viewing, Microsoft offers a free Word Viewer utility. Saving the file in Rich Text Format from within Word can also be done and viewed with the included Wordpad application in Windows. Printing to one of the free PDF creator utilities that supports appending multiple prints to the same PDF file (PrimoPDF for example) is another option. To view the PDF, the recipient only needs to install a free PDF viewer, which they probably already have, from Adobe, Foxit, or other sources.
    sdixon0020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 03:19 PM
    The type I am using is "doc"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I attach wages from a judgment I won? [ 4 Answers ]

I won judgment in Small Claims. How do I get her wages attached, if she's working. Can I inform IRS in case she has money coming back to her? She doesn't own anything, and I need my money. I'm afraid if I don't act soon, she will get her refund, and I'll have to wait until she gets a job, or...

How do you attach entire web page or article to email [ 2 Answers ]

This is one of those things that you don't know how to do but was afraid to ask - because it may so simple. I am not really looking to "attach", rather to paste the web page or article so that it opens with the email. Thanks Trooper27

How to Attach Ledger Board for Carport [ 6 Answers ]

Good day, I'm building an attached carport at my friend's house. There are four posts and a beam for one side, and an attached ledger board as the other support. This is to be attached to the side of the house. My question: Should the siding (which is about 1/2" thick plywood) be cut out...

NJ - attach Federal 1040 Sched. B? [ 3 Answers ]

I prepared my taxes with Turbotax. When my NJ return printed, the last item that printed was a copy of my Federal 1040 Schedule B (in addition to the copy that printed with my Federal return). Am I supposed to attach a copy of the Fed Schedule B to my NJ return? I didn't see anything about that...

How to attach a picture... [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to attach a picture for my answer on the lawn and garden forum, but it says that my picture is 1.83MB and it can only fit a 293Kb or something. How can I make my picture smaller? Please help.. :(

View more questions Search