Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigRed1500 Posts: 70, Reputation: 8

Jan 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Supporting shower mixing valve when using PEX
    Can someone provide a few tips for how you support a shower mixing valve in the wall when you've used PEX? On previous showers that I've put in, the copper pipes strapped to a block in the wall was more than enough. This time I can't quite seem to find a decent way to do this. Thanks.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 03:35 PM
    This is how I do it.
    Attached Images

BigRed1500 Posts: 70, Reputation: 8

Jan 31, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.
    shere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 11:57 AM
    How much distance is it from the tub faucet to the mixing valve ?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 17, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Hi and welcome to The Plumbing Page at ANHD.com. You're responding to a 5 year old dead thread Please check the date before you post. Thanks
    how much distance is it from the tub faucet to the mixing valve ?
    From the center of the spout to the center of the valve can be any distance you want but we usually install them between 6 and 8 inches. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Circulates Through Mixing Valve [ 2 Answers ]

I've installed a Kohler Thermostatic Mixing Valve with Volume Control (K-404) in my shower construction project and just noticed that the hot water is circulating up through the valve and then back down the cold pipe! Yikes- this puts water from the hot water heater into the drinking water and...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Moentrol single lever shower valve and only hot water is working. No cold water. The valve is 19 years old. What can be done short of replacing the valve?

Shower valve [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, how are you doing? Can you explain all of the differences to me between a thermostatic water valve and a pressure regulated valve, and which one would be the best to use for my new shower for temp. control. I want to avoid those WOWs when someone turns on water somewhere else in the house....

View more questions Search