Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drpepperjill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Please help getting ready for college
    What is the best school to attend to become a zoologist? And to be the best zoologist how long is the best to go there?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Assuming you're from North America, the school itself doesn't matter exactly but it is important to look at the department you'll be studying at. Universities with good science, specifically biology programs are important. You also want to look into your ability to research and assistantships while you're studying because they will help you get in to a good phd program which is what most zoologists have. So, once you finish 4 years at an undergraduate then you take what's called the GRE to get into graduate school. From here you'll either go on to do a masters or skip that and do a phd which most larger universities offer. During this time you'll be doing research and learning more specific things; in total a phd can take anywhere from 3-6+ years depending on the person and the program. And then once you're done with that, you'll probably have to do post doc work for another year or two, which basically means more research.

So to answer your question without totally scaring you: look for a good science program and at the first school it should be a four year program or whatever will get you a bachelors of science.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Nov 6, 2012, 02:10 AM
    Zoology and Animal Biology - Search Schools Offering a Degree in Zoology and Animal Biology

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seneca College Vs Humber College(Computer Engg) [ 12 Answers ]

Hey All Guys I Need your Help in Choosing from Seneca College or Humber College . Please Evaluate your on Following Basis 1) Reputation(Most Important for me) 2) Fees(Not much Imp.) 3) Residence Availability 4) Quality of education System Answer ASAP

Can a college age student of a diabled parent receive help for college? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a fully disabled parent and wonder if my healthy 19 year old is eligible for financial assitance for college?

Three college kids traveling on a road trip before college and cross into russia [ 1 Answers ]

Three colege kids traveling on a road trip before they return to school cross the russian boarder and end up running from russian boarder patrol. They are wrongly accused of rape and murder of a young girl and are placed in a russian jail

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

View more questions Search