Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judder14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Why is she ignoring me?
    Ok well this is a long story but bare with me. So there is this girl, let's call her L and she is like my best friend I mean she is almost like one of the boys. But she was going out with one of my best mates who I've been friends with for longer than her, and he went abroad to do some work for 6 months. However they spoke over Skype like every night and maintained a healthy relationship, well until she cheated on him.

This is where I come in, she told me about the cheating and everything and I didn't tell anyone at all. Then the boyfriend, let's call him D, he came back and L and D weren't as close and normal to each other. So me and D went for a drive and I told him about her cheating and then he confronted her and well they split up. Oh yeah forgot to mention they were with each other for 2 years. Now he has moved on to a different girl and she hasn't yet, but she has said on multiple occasions she is over him.

So it has been about 3 months since they split and I've been with L pretty much every day and everything, and I've developed feelings for her. I haven't told her because I'm not sure if she feels the same and I don't want to ruin our relationship as friends. But I've noticed lately that she just like ignores my messages for like hours. Now I don't want to sound desperate by saying that but I mean she is normally on her phone like 24/7 she has a blackberry and is always messaging other guys and ****. To be honest it does kill me a bit on the inside when she is like on her phone when you are talking to her, knowing she is talking to other guys.

But what I want to know is should I just ignore her back? Or have I done something wrong? I forgot to mention I spoke to her about telling D she cheated, and she understood ( which I found weird?! ). But seriously I have no where else to turn and I need help. Thank you
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:42 AM
    Ignoring is a strong word, but its safe to say she has put you in a different category as she has other guys, and maybe your friendship with her is limited, and not as high a priority as you think, as YOU did compromise her trust, and if it was right or wrong, whether she understands or not, it still put a wedge between you.

I suggest you back off the texting, and deal with the face to face interactions, and have other things to focus on besides a romance with her at this time. Fact is she loves texting other guys, and is capable of cheating so best understand she may NOT be a good partner for you.

Sorry guy, despite your feelings, be very thoughtful, and careful of acting on them in the face of her behavior, and treatment. She ain't into JUST you buddy. And I doubt you can completely trust her despite YOUR feelings of attraction for her. But its your risk to take, so know the risk!
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2012, 02:53 AM
    I think she likes you too. I mean she knows you a lot, right? So, there's no way she could be mad at you for squealing her to D. She may be secretly liking you by taking the time what to say. If she's messaging other guys then maybe she's falling for one of them that's why she's ignoring you.

Try messaging her something interesting like how you want to buy her a Victorian locket online that you think would look fantastic around her neck. Women loves jewelry so if that doesn't get her to message you back, I don't know what will.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2012, 10:07 AM
    It really doesn't sound like this gal has strong feelings for you... or anyone else, for that matter. She may be backing off because she realizes you are getting over-involved and that's just not where she's at. I'd follow her cues and back off a bit yourself. If she attempts to become closer after that, then be honest and open with why you have done so. Communication is the most important part of any relationship - friends or otherwise.

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is she ignoring me? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I ran into some problems here and hopefully some of you could help me out in this or provide me your opinion. So, recently (probably two weeks ago), I started talking to this girl via text message. I have known her for quite some time but its not till recently we started talking a...

Why she is ignoring me ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm married man man working in company and I know this married women since past 1 year. I'm giving her lift in my car and we are friends. I said in the past that I like her and she is OK with that. But since there are mixed signals and signs which are confused me. I avoid her in office ...

Why is he ignoring me? [ 49 Answers ]

3 posts merged, I have been going out with this guy now for over 2 years and we have been engaged now for just over a year, but over the last year I have felt so clingy to him as if I'm almost obsessed with him and it really is doing my head in! And its just getting worse and still is at the...

I want to know what should I do?is he ignoring me? [ 8 Answers ]

I went to date with a guy, every thige was perfect after dinner he said time goes fast and the time was short! Then when he was dropping me off he said keep in touch okay? Then I text him it was a lovelly night thanks. Then he respond any time. But after 2 days I text him, he hasn't respond after...

Ignoring me. [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 years now and they have been great. We makeout.. Hold hands Kiss talk on the phone. "Normal stuff" I've been recently injured greatly on my head. I was out of school for a month and when I came back he barely talks to me. When I say hi he wont talk to...

View more questions Search